Friday, February 1, 2013

I Have A Secret To Tell You...I'm From A Different Planet.

Good afternoon!!! I promised two posts today, and here I am, making good on that promise! I wish I could blog twice everyday! But I'm not that good a reader! Anyways, I've got a good review coming your way, what a wild book this was! Here I go...

So, I just finished this book called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Originally, this was a radio comedy. You know, way back in the 70's when TV didn't exist...Anyways, then it was turned into a book, then a whole series of five books! Then...I can barely type it...Eoin Colfer (There, I typed it) wrote a sixth installment. I realize that I have been neglecting to include Amazon links these last couple posts, here, I'll include this one twice...Here, and Here

Summaryish: Er...Umm...Does this book even have a plot?? Yes it does! I remember now! It's about this guy named Arthur Dent and his friend Ford. But, what Arthur doesn't know is that his friend is not human, but an alien from another planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse and he is researching for the next edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyways, while some other race of aliens is busy destroying Earth, Arthur is rescued by Ford and they go off into space and have adventures that lead up to the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. And for all of you out there who make it to page 148 without spontaneously combusting, I happen to own a cheap green clicker ballpoint. I asked it if had ever had a chauffeur on a different planet...it remained silent and refused to speak to me for the rest of the night.

Review: I do not pretend to understand all the scientific stuff happening in this book, nor do I pretend to hate that part, because I loved it! Every last bit of it, even the parts I didn't understand because it made me laugh! I kind of like to be confused, the little tingly feeling you get in the back of your head when you have no idea what's going on...it's nice if you don't think about it too hard. I like how this book makes you think, of different planets, improbabilities, and especially the number 42. A splendid work, if a little random (but in a good way.)

Words to the Characters:

Arthur: I would have reacted the same exact way if my brain were threatened. 

Ford: I really know where my towel is too! It's upstairs. See? I told you I knew where it was.

Zaphod: I like your mellowness, it kept me from panicking through most of the journey.

All done for today! I know, I'm sad too, but at least we got two posts today!!!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment