Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love Is In The Air, But So Is Ash, Which Makes The Love Kind Of Disappear. So Ash Is In The Air!

Hey everybody!! Sorry about not posting yesterday!!! I read for like, five hours straight yesterday, so, being the book lover that you no doubt are, I hope you will understand. But, to make up for me negligence, I believe two posts are in order today! Shall we begin?

So, I just finished this book called This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer (I hope that's how you spell her name) and it is the third book in the Last Survivors series, the next book is due for publishment in September of this year. The third to be exact. I don't think there is a specific time, so that's as exact as I can get. Oh, and if you're wondering, publishment is not in the dictionary, but it should be. "Publishing" lacks panache. Anyways, if you want the Amazon link try clicking here

Summaryish: Oky doky, if this book isn't sounding familiar yet, refresh your memory here. Yup, I reviewed the book preceding this so I don't have to summarize the book that come before this one. In this installment of the series, the whole family gets back together in a big reunion! They hug it out for a while, and then the trouble starts. As Miranda falls in love, her whole world crumbles down around her, literally and figuratively. Food's running out, it's snowing in June, and all sorts of fun stuff like that occurs. I can't really tell you anymore. Mostly because troubles are basically all that happens, but partly because there are some secrets I can't give away.

Review: This book was pretty great, not quite fantabulous, but good enough to read and enjoy. It was just a little too pessimistic for me. I prefer hopeful apocalypses to we're doomed apocalypses. Or is that apocalypi? Anyways, I'm looking forward to the next in the series, The Shade of the Moon. It looks like this one is written from Jon's perspective. Fun!

Words to the Characters: 

Miranda: Why did you have to be so doom and gloom until the end? Last time, you were more hopeful. I miss that Miranda. 

Alex: Why is it that when I look at you, you look like a puppy that just got kicked?

Syl & Charlie: Y'all are tied for my favourite characters!! Congratulations! In a sad way.

Matt: I'm with your mom on this one, buddy.

Okay, I'm not saying good bye today, because right after I push the little "Publish" button, I'm going to hit the little "New Post" button, and blog again. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment