Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Yes, I'd Like To Order Excalibur Please...

Hey everybody! I'm back again to tell you about another great book!! I hope you a re as excited as I am! I seriously doubt that, though, when I get excited I don't cut corners!! I'm actually bouncing in my seat right now! But, I have to admit that I am jealous of the fact that you get to read this without knowing exactly what's going to happen next. Blasphemous horses are stealing my hermit crab! See, you didn't see that coming did you? But I planned it, so you are actually very lucky.

So, I just finished reading this book called Time Snatchers by Richard Ungar. Tragically, it is not a series, but happily, here is the amazon link: Voila!  See!!! I can remember sometimes!! Ohh! And here's something cool, there is a trailer for this book! If you want to watch it, it's somewhere around here. The music is nice on this. I especially like how at the end, the music goes away, but the ticking stays! Nice!

Summaryish: So, as you've no doubt figured out with all the links up there, this book is about an orphan named Caleb who was kidnapped at a young age by Uncle to steal things from the past so he can sell them to high-paying patrons of the future. But he's not the only one, there are four other time snatchers, including Frank --Caleb's enemy. He keeps stealing Caleb's snatches to earn Uncle's favour! And then Zach comes in the picture and it all goes down hill from there...but in a climactic way, which is actually kind of weird if you think about it. That's all I can summarize today, and I am definitely getting better at it too! Huzzah!

Review: Okay, this book was pretty great! At first, I was having a little trouble identifying the conflict, but I was still thoroughly enjoying the story. But then I met Zach and I was like "Oh! There's the conflict!" I can pretty much summarize this review in one word: Awesomazing. It's a word of my own devising. Tell your friends. And the ending was just so right! I have found that it is very very rare when an ending is just so right that it leaves you wanting more but in a way that is totally satisfied and complete. 

Words to the Characters:

Abbie: Well aren't you just one big mysterious puzzle. I have to admit; I never really did believe a word you said until, like, 12 pages before the end.

Frank: So, does the whole ear situation put you off balance? In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic, and the meaning behind that sentence was that I don't like you very much. No offence.

Phoebe: You are my favourite character! Welcome to my List of Memorable Characters! Way to go being awesome!

Caleb: The whole desert scene made me laugh...I know it was dramatic and all, but I couldn't help it!

Zach: You are so cute, the way you mispronounce things, but there is still one word that I don't understand at all. Help me out a little?

Okay, that's all for today. Any books you'd like me to read? Don't be shy, just throw a title my way, and I'll see if it looks interesting! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment