Friday, February 15, 2013

Eyre You Out There? Get It? Eyre, Like Are. Ha!

Hey there!!!! I have a question for you: Are my blog posts getting tired? I have, like, over 30 posts now and they all seem to go the same way. I was thinking maybe I should mix it up a little. I like change. Without change everything would be incredibly dull, and I don't want my blog to be dull!!! That wouldn't be good! Oh, by the way, happy Day After Valentines Day. 

So, I just finished reading this book called The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, book one of seven of the Thursday Next series so far. I'm not sure if more are going to be written, or if the series ends at seven, because I haven't gotten there yet. I mean, sheesh, I just started, I don't read that fast, it took me five days just to read this one. (I blame global warming and day lights savings, those things are conspiring against me, it's scary. Have you ever had day lights savings stalk you in a busy grocery store? It took me an hour to lose it, but I finally got rid of it near the produce.) Anyways, here's the whole Amazon thing.   

Summaryish: This is where I've decided to mix it up. Because this book, with all the events that could give away later events, is so hard to summarize, and I don't want to be responsible for giving away the ending, I'm just going to leave you to wonder about what's going to happen with just a few sentences outlining the barest essentials of the plot. Huh. Not that much is changing. Oh well. So, Thursday Next works for SpecOps, in the LiteraTec division, and a manuscript is stolen, she almost dies, then book characters start getting kidnapped and she gets lost in a book. Literally, lost in a book. This is all possible because it's an alternate history book. Tada!! That is the least I can tell you about this book, sounds good, right?

Review: Wowzers! This book was great! I loved how it was sometimes first person, sometimes not. And this book has everything from love squares (which I could do without) to vampires. It has rips in the fabric of reality, book characters coming to life, and so many more delicious topics rolled into 374 pages of humour. I laughed more than once for this one, especially at the whole "I think I'll punch him on the nose," thing, just because it was such a simple statement. Jasper reminds me a little of Eoin Colfer in the humour department, and a little of Douglas Adams in the wow-this-has-everything aisle. 

Words to the Characters:

Thursday: You know that guy? He just doesn't seem right for you. And what do you have against first names anyway? Landen is the only first name you ever used in the whole narrative. 

Jack: Geez, do you have to be so mean about it? 

Hades: Okay, I really want to know, how do you do it???????!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done here, I might post later today just because I'm already half way done with a really great book, and with love still so fresh in the air, it'd be great to have a good dystopia to balance out the air quality. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment