Thursday, October 9, 2014

I'm Sorry, What Was That?

Hey world! Second post of today. Woo! I'm on a roll! Well, not really since I just took an hour break to eat lunch and ask Siri random questions. I just almost fell out of my chair. Not fun. But I caught myself, so all is well. 

So, I have officially read a book called Task Force by Brian Falkner (I pressed the button. A lot). It is book two of the Recon Team Angel series. I have reviewed book one sometime in the past, so if you want to search for that one, there's a search bar somewhere at the top of this page. I don't know where exactly; I don't really visit my own blog since I've already read all the books I review. Plus, my visits wouldn't count as pageviews anyway. Moving on, with the Amazon link.

Summaryish: So, aliens invaded, blah blah blah, and they're small aliens so the military asked kids to undergo training and eventually surgery to both look and act like the aliens for infiltration purposes. Mission Two for Recon Team Angel is possibly the most important so far - because they are facilitating a direct assault against the buzzing aliens. Oh, the drama! Will they succeed, will they fail? Will they die trying?

Review: Eh. I did read book one, and you may remember that I didn't like it much. I only picked this book up because I needed another book; my book bag was off balance and running into my knees. This short book really helped keep it away from my legs because all of a sudden it was too heavy and I had to carry it over my shoulder. And that's pretty much where my good standings with this book ended. I didn't really care about the story - mostly because it was written in such a boring way! It's just so tune-out-able that almost every single moment of reading this book was spent while thinking about something else. But that just means this book isn't for me, you can certainly try it out if you want. But I don't recommend it. 

Words to the Characters:

Sorry, I didn't bother keeping your personalities straight in my head.

Okay, post two is over! See you next time!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment