Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Shadow and I Have No Secrets.

Hey world! Finally! It's tea time! I've been looking forward to drinking this beautiful tasting Bengal Spice all day long! Now I just have to wait for it to cool...but I can smell it! And in the meantime I can eat yogurt covered apples and finish up this introduction with a smile: :)

So, recently, because, yeah, we're up to recently now, I read this book called Hunter Brown and the Secret of the Shadow. This is book one in the Codebearer trilogy by the Miller Brothers --  ooo, these apples are sour -- whose names I believe are Christopher and Allan, but I might be wrong.  Checking...Okay, not wrong. There's not an audible on the other side of this Amazon link, but that doesn't mean we love it any less. Or more for that matter.

Summaryish: When his end of the year prank goes wrong, Hunter Brown finds himself in possession of a strange and magical book that has the power to whisk him away to Solandria, a realm full of dangerous creatures and an even more dangerous Shadow. (This tea is sooo good.) Then there's a prophecy, and...Gosh, guys, I have summarized so much today. Do you really need to know what it's about?

Review: So this was a good story with excellent twists and turns and even a few surprises thrown in. The sad part is that I didn't quite enjoy the way it was written. It felt kind of slow and a super simple. It was a skin and bones book when I prefer meat. The description was placed wonderfully though. I have noticed that some books just don't know where to put the exposition. The Miller Brothers do, though, so that's a plus in their direction. I'll read the rest of the series if the books show up in my life, but I wouldn't actively seek it out. I'm not particularly burning for the next book in the series.

About the Cover:

Just look at it. It's creepy. And not in the horror-novel kind of way that's kind of inviting. In the clown kind of way. You know, the creepy no one likes?

Phew! What a day! 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.


No comments:

Post a Comment