Wednesday, October 29, 2014

And Many More...

Hey world! Well, this is the last blog post of the day. Happy Blogiversary to me, Happy Blogiversary to you, Happy Blogiversary to everyone. This had been a fun day. And you know what? It's not even over yet. We still have the whole rest of this post to look forward to.  Well, my computer just crashed. I think that's a little ironic. Luckily, Blogger auto saves! Moving on...

So, for the last book to be reviewed today I read Hacking Harvard by Robin Wasserman, who must have changed the style of her website sometime since I last read something by her. I like this new one, it's nice. Amazon, however, remains the same, though this link is new. There is no audible, which is slightly disappointing. I like audible samples. I much prefer actually reading words on paper, though. *After a brief interlude in which I spoke to people*

Summaryish: Max Kim takes a bet he probably shouldn't have. A now he's dragged his friends neck deep into something they have barely any chance of winning. The goal? To get an unqualified slacker into the prestigious Harvard University. They must prove that the admissions system is flawed in order to get their payoff.

Review: This was one of those books I liked but didn't love. The ending was my favorite part - and, no, not because it ended, because I happened to like the ending. This book had a lot going for it: nicely developed characters, a great story, and maybe even a little message in their somewhere. But there was still something about it that made it drop on my list. Maybe the obvious lack of explosions and aliens. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from science fiction, but I chose my genre for a reason. 

Words to the Characters:

Lex: I think you should play soccer. You seem like a soccer player. Or football as the non-Americans call it.

Schwarz: Oh, goodness...

Okay, that was a fabulous blogiversary! Thanks for sharing it with me!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment