Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I'm A Pathological Liar. No, Really, It's True...

Hey world! Third post, and I haven't even taken a break yet. Phew. For this introductory paragraph, let's reminisce about my most popular blog posts. There was that time I read Things Fall Apart...Remember when I read The Bronze Bow? And Firestorm, had some good times with that one...And The Future We Left Behind? That was just wow. And The Time Machine? That was the best ever. Oh, good times, fond memories. I could do this all day, but there are books to read and review.

So, remember that Gone series it's been a while since I reviewed anything in? Well, Lies is book three and I'm reviewing it now. It was written by the fabulous Michael Grant, all of whose books I have sworn to read. The Gone books don't have the best trailers, in fact I don't like them much at all, but their Amazon links are top notch. 

Summaryish: Starving is no longer a problem for the kids at Perdido Beach. Hunger yes, starving, no. That little difficulty is behind them, just in time to make way for new troubles. Someone who claims to be a prophetess with visions of the outside world we had all forgotten about is convincing people that death is the only way out of the FAYZ. And there are others who claim to have seen the ghost of a boy with a whip arm. And the kids at Coates Academy are still hungry, and tired of it. Lots of stuff in general. 

Review: So far, all of these books have been both intense and unforgettable. Reading them is a big commitment because they demand all of your attention and won't let go. Clear you schedule. Lock your door. Ignore fire alarms. Because these books are gooooood. Six Os in the word "good" good, which therefore must be three times better than normal good. These books do progress slowly, which is kind of annoying because you just want to know what happens next, what's going on, you just want to know period. But you have to appreciate the slowness because that's part of the charm, the hook, the beauty. Just sit down, and lose yourself.

About the length:

I wish it were longer. I really wish it were longer. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment