Thursday, October 9, 2014

There's An App For That.

Hey world! I am back for round three! Exciting things are happening. Maybe today will be another personal blog record! That reminds me - my blogversary is coming up soon. Oh, fun times. I'll be sure to read a big book for that. Anyways. I  feel like as the day goes on, my introductory paragraphs are getting smaller and smaller...

So, recently but not too recently I read this book called Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Warning - this website is half in French because Mme de Rosnay happens to be Franglaisrusse. I think that is the correct portmanteau. Ah! All this talk about French makes me want to speak it! Cette roman n'est pas un séries, mais il est le premier roman d'anglaise de Mme de Rosnay. (This novel is not a series, but it is Mme de Rosnay's first English novel.) Oh, the beautiful squiggly red lines of spellcheck! Amazon link? Pretty okay audible.

Summaryish: We all know what happened during World War II - tragedies people would rather not talk about. But when American in France journalist Julia is assigned to report on the Vel d'Hiv, she is forced to dig up facts best left alone. And as she does, she discovers a secret about her family, and how closely she is involved with the life of one of the victims. She begins a quest, like all protagonists usually do, and discovers things about herself.

Review: So, it's not my favorite book, but I didn't hate it either. I more than didn't hate it - I liked it even. But love is not the adjective I would apply to the book. It had a nice story line, and the way it progressed kind of slowly was a little refreshing after all of the fast paced books that I normally read. It was a nice break, but I don't think I'll make a habit of reading Mme Rosnay's books. I did like it enough to pick up one of her books if I ever see one in the library though! Just so you know, this is a good review. 

Words to the Characters:

Sarah: Probably not the best idea you've ever had, but I see  the reasoning.

Bertrand: Mrrf.

Okay, see you in a few.

Xxxxxx  X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment