Wednesday, December 3, 2014

After Thinking Long and Hard....

Hey world! Forgive me, but it's been...well...a month. And a few days. But, in my defense, I'm not drinking tea near my desk anymore. So instead of a tea time blog, this is now a Wednesday blog. Of course, I'll have to blog tomorrow and the day after this week because I'm so many books behind. How many do I have to review now? 8? Goodness, I really am behind! Well, I didn't change my calendar to November until the 30th, so I guess it's fitting. Time to get started!

So, a while ago I finished this book called The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey and after running around like a crazy person for a while, I confirmed that it is in fact a series! I'm not sure how many books are going to be in it, but I know there's at least one more since I have it on hold at the library and will be picking it up tomorrow (I'll bet you know where this is going). It's a great audible! I give it two thumbs up. But here's the Amazon link if you'd like to hear it yourself.

Summaryish: Where to begin? How about an alien invasion? It didn't happen all at once, but in waves that each decreased the human population until there were so few of us left that it was impossible for Cassie to know if she was the only human left in the world. If the soldiers who took her brother away from her were to be trusted. Or if the boy who saved her life was one of Them. The aliens are killing everyone they see...But Cassie has had enough. It's time to fight, to take back the Earth that belongs to her.

Review: Woooow snap. This book was like - whoa. I thought long and hard, which is probably how I got so behind, about whether or not to make this a Wow. Just Wow or not. I did decide not simply because of the swear words and the fact that, while I loved it so so so so so much because of all the action and drama and suspense and even some humor, it didn't change my life significantly, other than the fact that I memorized one sentence because it sounded so cool. The story was crafted expertly, and I honestly have no complaints. It was paced, there were twists, nothing too obvious, the foreshadowing was nice and subtle the way I like it, and it was so marvelously done that I changed my mind about certain characters, like, ten times. Bravo!

Words to the Author:

Mr. Yancey...thank you soooooo much for making this a series. I want to tell you that I had a panic attack when I couldn't find my library card to put the next one on hold absolutely right way, and I constantly checked my account to see when it would arrive. When three other books I had on hold arrived first, I began to lose hope...but then I got the email. And I screamed for joy. That means I liked your book.

See you soon! I think I'm going to start a marathon now, so I guess soon will be tomorrow.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment