Thursday, December 4, 2014

Things Always Happen Past My Bedtime.

Hey world! I almost forgot that I needed to blog again. We are now entering Day Two of the marathon, and who knows how long it will last? If I remember correctly, my longest marathon was...what? A week? Nine days? Just for fun, let's see if I can get to ten! I'll have to finish two more books, but that should be hard at all. Since I might be going to the library today, right exactly now would be a great time to recommend something for me. 

So, a while ago I read this book called The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I feel like there was a craze about it a while back, but now I can't exactly remember. I know that I was seeing it everywhere, and so many people were telling me to read it, but maybe that's just because it was new and I'm generally around people who read. The audible is a little too deep and rumble-y for my taste in listening fun, but here's the Amazon link anyway. Just now, a thought suddenly struck me, and that thought was that I feel like typing all my words backwards right now, but I'm not going to do that for your sake.

Summaryish: Two magicians get into a contest to see who can raise a better illusionist. The two students grow up knowing this, but not who their opponent was. When a location is finally set to begin their battle - a circus - they go crazy! Manipulating the circus and becoming tied to it, and each other, in ways they never expected. And  that's all I feel like saying about it.

Review: This book was intriguing, but not particularly interesting. I had lots of fun with the imagery, but the story just didn't grip me. Not much happened, not much held my interest for long. I didn't even really enjoy my time reading it, and there's not much more I can say about it without being all redundant .

Words to the Characters:

Celia: I like the tree...

Marco: I like the ice...

Okay, see you tomorrow! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment