Friday, December 12, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner.



Hey world! Welcome to Day Ten, the final day of the blog marathon! I thought I would make it to eleven, but I don't think I will. Still, this is probably one of the longest marathons I've ever had - it lasted more than a week! Three cheers for loyalty! Although, no one brought a friend on bring a friend day, and there was not one comment throughout the whole thing...Goodness, fans, I thought you existed.

So, just a few days ago I finished reading this book called The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey, who has definitely entered my top-fifteen favorite authors. This is book two in the 5th Wave series which, you may remember, is actually the book that began this marathon. How cool is that? I start the marathon with a book, and end the marathon with its sequel. Hopefully, there are plenty more on the way, but for now these are the only two books available. In addition, the movie version of The 5th Wave will be out in early 2016. Again, I'm not wearing my headphones at the moment, but I think the last audible was good, so maybe this one is too. Here's the Amazon link.

Summaryish: After what happened in The 5th Wave, Cassie, Ben and co. retreat to the rendezvous location that Cassie and Evan had previously set up to wait for him, even though they don't know if he's alive. He's they're one chance at defeating the aliens that took over the planet, so wait they shall. But winter is coming, and they need to find a place where they can survive the bitter cold that is sure to come. And then there's that whole thing with Ringer...

Review: This is one of those incredibly rare books that is not a Wow. Just Wow, but Too Wow. Just Wow to Be A Wow. Just Wow. You may not know this, but here on my blog a Wow. Just Wow is a book too awesome to review, because trying to put my feelings into words is not only impossible, but may just ruin it. Not the case here. Nothing could ruin this book! I don't like series that are just a continuation of the same old events like Tempest and Celaena, this is a series that brings what happened before, and adds on to it. An almost unknown sequel that is better than the first book has occurred here! If you liked 5th Wave, you'll love Infinite Sea. Not only is it full of action and emotion, some interesting questions come up about reality and humanity that I have enjoyed pondering these past few days. Not only do you get a great story that can suck you in like the vacuum of space, you could even learn something about yourself. Well done!

Words to the Characters:

Cassie: I admire your loyalty and commitment. Some other heroines, and I could name quite a few, would crumble in seconds. 

Ringer: Totally did not see that coming. Whoaaa snap.

Okay, see you Wednesday, since before this marathon I decided to make this a Wednesday blog instead of a tea time one.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

4 comments:

  1. I thought I commented on bring a friend day, I brought a friend. My computer has been acting funny...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How strange...Thank you much for bringing a friend! Do you think I should make that a regular thing? There's a secret prize...

      Delete
  2. That would be cool! I could get all my friends hooked on your blog! They are readers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesomesauce! I'll let you know when I decide to have the next one!

      Delete