Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Now Spellcheck Is Not Happy With The Author.

Hey world! Back for the second post on my Wednesday blog! I forgot to mention something last post. My new index tab! Underneath the website title, you'll see a black band that says "Home" and "Index Anyone?" The latter will take you to a magical list in which every book I have ever read is organized alphabetically by author's last name, like at a library, with the links to each post. I did this because I've been told it's hard to find my reviews because I don't often include the title in my post title. Enjoy!

So,  last night at 11:33 I finished this book called The Wish List by Eoin Colfer. If you'll remember, there was an Eoin Colfer boycott a while ago, but that's quite some time in the past now and everything is forgiven. Anyways. This book is not a series, if it were I think we'd know by now since this book was published a whopping 14 years ago! The "VHS" thing mentioned so many times in the book made be giggle at it's outdatedness, but at least it has an Amazon link. How old is Amazon, anyway? I can't think of a time without it. It's a fabulous audible, though a little muffled. I love the accent. The narrator is British, and he's mimicking Irish people for speaking parts!


Summaryish: Meg Finn is dead. But, with a perfectly balanced soul, her only chance at getting into heaven is traveling back to Earth and helping someone she has wronged. Before she died, she did something quite terrible to one Lowrie McCall. And it just so happens that this old man has some regrets he'd like to set right. They set off on a trip all around Ireland trying to fulfill the four wishes on his list, but things get complicated when an old enemy shows up and attempt to thwart her.

Review: This book was quite an enjoyable read! It's pretty short, only 252 pages, but what few pages it has are awesome! This book is something you can read if you're in the mood for a laugh - every Eoin Colfer novel is funny. But this book is also something you can read if you're in the mood for a little soul searching. It begs questions of regrets you have, and what you would fix if you could, and maybe inspire you to fix a few of them. Despite a few things being simply wrong, this book was still a great read that I recommend for anyone whose book haul is a little unbalanced.

Words to the Character:

Meg: He totally deserved it. 

Franco: You totally had that coming.

Okay, happy reading! See you next week!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment