Friday, May 24, 2013

Buzz Buzz, I'm An Alien!

Hello world! You're not going to believe this - but Bryan Davis actually COMMENTED on the post before this one. See, I told you you wouldn't believe it! THE Bryan Davis, whose books I have reviewed, not only looked at my blog, but commented on it as well! WITH a smiley face! Oh my gosh. I feel so happy! But now, on to more pressing matters: aliens. 

So, yesterday at 5:31 PM I read the last words of The Assault by Brian Falkner. I briefly contemplated reviewing it yesterday, but ended up not doing that in favor of eating a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. But in a way, I did review this book yesterday, because I thought through everything I was going to type. So, no hard feelings? Anyways, if you would like to own this book, try clicking here. One more thing that I forgot to mention earlier and am not just going to stick up somewhere in this paragraph because I like spontaneous-ism, it's book one in the Recon Team Angel series. 

Summaryish: So, um, you know, aliens attacked the Earth. It happens. But more than just that happened,  teenagers are being recruited to fight in the war against them, before they turn 18, because the aliens are small, and kids are small, and they want to modify the kids to look like aliens so that they can infiltrate the alien compound and discover all of their dirty little secrets. That basic overview is all I can say without giving away the secrets, like the fact that their is a traitor in the team. So. Yeah. This paragraph just ended.

Review: This book was alright. I mean, I liked it, it was a good story and all, but it was very militant, which I didn't like very much. I guess I'm just not a military kind of person, although I did enjoy learning all the code words. It was a little hard to focus when I was reading this book, and I found my attention wandering quite a bit. Mostly to the cake that was in the kitchen and how good it would taste if it were in my mouth at that very second. But, as aforementioned, it was a good book. Not quite my favourite, but I didn't gouge out my eyes in boredom and misery when I was reading it, either. So, just...alright. But, hey, you might like it, so give it a try. And, okay, whoa, there is definitely a car alarm going off somewhere near here. 

Words to the Characters:

Ryan:  My advice to you would be to smile more often. 

Monster: You crack me up, my dude. See what I did there? My dude. Ha.

Bad news: This post is over. Good news: I'll be back in a few days with a Ted Dekker! Woo!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment