Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Have A Weakness For Talking Animals.

Hey everyone! It's been soooooo long since I last posted! I'm sorry! But I wanted to hold back so that I could post today! Because today is a very special day!!!! For two reasons!!! One: Wayne Thomas Batson's trilogy The Door Within was re-released TODAY! Also: Zoriada Cordova's second book The Savage Blue was released TODAY! See how special today is? VERY! I'm so excited for both of those things!

So, I just finished this book called The Prophet, the Shepherd, and the Star by Jenny L. Cote. It is the first in The Epic Order of the Seven series, but that series shoots off of The Amazing Tales of Max and Liz, so in short, it's the third book involving Max and Liz, canine and feline duo of wonder! Would you like some Amazon? Yes, please! Okay, this paragraph is over.

Summaryish: Okay, this book is pretty easy to summarize, there weren't that many conspiracies or secrets. It was just about Max, Liz, Nigel, Kate and Al on their third mission for the Maker, and their longest mission yet! It spans 700 years, from the prophet Isaiah alllll that way to the wise men. So you know, the nativity scene: Not just for Christmas anymore. That's pretty much it...

Review: I liked this book a lot! During some places it was a little boring because nothing happened, they were just waiting and eating and sleeping and talking, but other parts had me riveted! I especially liked how there was a lot of humour in the story, like when the animals were naming the constellations and saying "it would never catch on!" Good times, fond memories. Wow this is probably going to be a really short post.

Words to the Characters:

Al: Thank you so much for your simple-minded deepness. And comic relief. 

Liz: Bonjour, Lizette, comment ça va? Votre mari est très amusant, et vous êtes très intellegent! 

Kate: Your smile is very nice!

Max: So, why do you sometimes growl your words? That always had me confused.

Nigel: Ha, pigeon.

Okay, I'm done. I'll see y'all next time with a James Patterson! You don't want to miss that!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment