Thursday, May 16, 2013

Every Once In A While, I Get Title Writer's Block.

Hey world! Bad news: I have relapsed back into my depression. Well, it's not quite depression, but it's definitely sadness. I allowed myself to listen to the Artemis Fowl theme song!! I'll admit it, I almost cried. The Eoin Colfer Boycott continues. Anyways, I think it's time to change the subject, I'm getting sad again. Reviewing time!

So, I just finished this book called Exodus by Julie Bertagna. And, great news that I just discovered, it's part of a series!! The next book is Zenith and the one after that, yet to be published, is Aurora. Nothing much else to say except that you will find the Amazon link somewhere around here. But be careful! It's really super hidden. Okay, I'm moving on to the next paragraph now, you can stick around here in this paragraph as long as you want, though.

Summaryish: Okay, this book is kind of going to be hard to summarize, there are plenty of spoilers that could be given away by a single carelessly misplaced word. But I'll try. So it's a future world, and the ice caps are melting. Actually, that's not true, the ice caps have melted. And most of the world is just ocean, there are a few islands, but those, too, are rapidly disappearing. And in comes Mara, who lives on one of those sinking islands, and she tries to convince her whole island that refuge lies in the New World, a series of floating cities Mara heard about on the Weave, or the future internet. Okay, that's all I can say. 

Review: Wow! This book was great, it definitely kept me captivated until the very end, but it wasn't much of a page turner. The book was exciting and actiony and gave a glimpse into a very likely future, but it was also written kind of poetically, it was like listening to a song to read it, and I really really loved that! Let me think, is there something else I can say? I don't think so, I'm pretty sure I got it all out.

Words to the Characters:

Mara: You're very inspiring, did you know that?

Fox: You gave me a paper cut. 

Okie dokie, blog post over, join me next time for a book I know nothing about but needed it to balance my bag! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment