Monday, May 13, 2013

Now I Want To Live On The Moon. Someone Take Me There Or I'll Throw A Fit!!

Hey everyone! Okay, I have been slacking up a storm. Or at least a gentle rain shower. I was supposed to blog  3 DAYS AGO! But on Saturday, it was 5:02 when I remembered, and late 7:41, and I was like, eh, I will until tomorrow. But then on Sunday, I was out, then reading, then writing, then sleeping and it was too late. But here I am today so that's good news! Let's jump into it!

So, I just finished this book a few days ago by the name of Crater by Homer Hickam It is the first in the Helium-3 trilogy, and we all know how awesome series of all lengths are! Round of applause to Homer for figuring that out and planning accordingly! Oh, and, little secret just between us, you can buy it here. Wow. This is a short paragraph. 

Summaryish: So, in this, the first book in the Helium-3 trilogy, we meet a nice little guy named Crater, who lives on the moon, and mines it for energy along with all the other people. So he's just living it up for a while, he really likes his job, his friends, and stuff, but then he's sent on a mission by the guy who's in charge. During this mission, he must battle people of both the human race, and other species to complete what he is told to do. So, along with his gillie, he does just that. Or tries to at least. Will he make it? Will he fail? And what adventures lie for him on the way? Oh yeah. I am an expert at building suspense. 

Review: This was so great! At first, though, I was a little like "Eh, this is a lot of description, which is normally good, but it's like, really super factual." But then later, I was like "Huh. This factual description is kind of relaxing and actually pleasant." Then I was like, "SNAP! Don't chapter break here! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!" But then, even later, I was saying. "Waa. Why don't I have the next book yet?" But then I got the news that a book I had on hold at the library was in, and I felt better. So, all-in-all, A+ rating, it was brilliantly written, surprisingly un-hackneyed and fresh, and...what's the word? Melodious? Can a book be melodious? Well, if it can, this one definitely was.

Words to the Characters:

Gillie: I thought you were illegal? But you knew that, though, right? Ha ha. Joke.

Crater: Awesome name, dude. 

Okay, that's it for now! See you next time for some global warming and sky cities! Sadly, though, not the book I had on hold at the library, that's still, like, 4 or so books away.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment