Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Kind Of Like Being One Piece, But Thanks Anyway.

Hello world!! I've been bad again! Was I supposed to review this yesterday, or the day before? I can never remember these things! Life is just so busy. But, I do remember that last time I ended with a suspense giving sentence, so I'm going to end this paragraph here, because I think you've been in suspense long enough.

So, who knows how long ago I finished this book called Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This book is, thankfully, part of a trilogy, with two companion novellas. This is the first book in the trilogy! And you can count on the next book in the series being review very very soon. In fact, I'm listing it now. Sad news: The third one doesn't come out until February of 2014!!! That's a long time away. Boo. Okay, Amazon link. 

Summaryish: I feel like I skipping something. Did I forget a paragraph?  I don't think so. But this just feels too short so far. Oh well, I'll just keep typing. So this book is all about a girl. Sadly, whenever she touches someone, bad stuff happens. Like, painful stuff. So, naturally, no one touches her. Until someone does. And then this big huge brouhaha occurs because there's just so many people madly in love with her, and so many more other people who hate her. Oh, and there's this other guy (which group does he belong to? Oooo) who wants to use her abilities to keep the whole world in check, because in this destroyed future, things tend to go wrong. That was a really bad summaryish, but it's been, like, a week. Slack please?

Review: Whoa. Snap. From the first word, it was like someone had shoved a hot poker deep into my gut. Every following sentence only succeeded in twisting it down further until I was sure my innards were going to come out my ears. Thankfully, they didn't. But I will admit I checked. It was like, whoa. It was fast, and beautiful, and elegant, and actiony, and gorgeous, and everything you need in a good book. And the way things were scratched out and rewritten right in the book wowed me until I was all set and ready to plagiarize before I realized I don't like plagiarizing. All I can say is...Whoa.

Words to the Characters:

Juliette: You kind of change in this book, a lot. I get the whole "dynamic character" thing, but I think I liked you better when you still screamed. It was when you started stifling your screams that something was just...gone. Something I really missed.

Warner: Two things. The first thing: gross. The second thing: Warner is your first name right? I don't know if I missed something, or if everyone just calls you Warner because of the whole military thing. 

Adam: She's not going to disappear, you know.

Okay, that's all. It's just feels really short, but I like variations. Bye until next time.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment