Friday, November 8, 2013

Yeah, It Definitely Does Not Matter What Faction I Would Get.

Hello world!! Notice anything different about me? If you don't, I just changed my color scheme! I got a manager, and she said that it would be a good idea to change it. A new look for the new year. And speaking of new years, my new manager also had an idea that will begin occurring in 2014!! Woohoo! I'm excited! I don't think I have any other announcements...But you can hang out in this paragraph for a while and enjoy the orange.

So, my Fantastic Aunt bought Allegiant by Veronica Roth for me as a surprise! I put off all my other library books for this, so now I'm probably going to have to renew them. But it was worth it. That's a topic for two paragraphs away, though. Anyways, this is book 3 in the Divergent trilogy, what I personally call the -gent trilogy. Bot now that one book ends in -iant, I guess that is no longer accurate. I reviewed the book before this here, and there should be a link to the first book from there. So now let's talk about the Amazon link. It might be here. It might be here. Or maybe it's over there...Perhaps it is nowhere.

Summaryish: WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT YET READ THE OTHER TWO BOOK IN THIS SERIES. In this, the final book in the trilogy, the factionless have taken over the city, headed by Evelyn Eaton. Or was it Johnson? I don't think last names are important at this point. Anyways, the only way to stop them is to follow the instructions in the Edith Prior video and abandon the city to see what is on the other side. So Tris, Tobias, Christina, Uriah, Peter, Cara, Caleb, and Tori do just that. I can't really say anything more without giving anything away!

Review: This book was pretty awesomazing!! I've been waiting, like, six months for this book, and it was definitely worth the wait. I would have had to wait longer, but my aunt is just so fantastic. Anyways, I do have a few negative comments though. For one, the tone seemed a little too mellow for the content, and the book probably would have been better if sentences like "Her hair is on her face, ruffling in the breeze of her breath." Were written more like "The hair covering her face ruffles in the breeze of her breath." The other one just seemed too passive. The other negative comment is that I noticed there was a lot of sitting down and talking about what we're going to do rather than doing what we're going to do. And while usually I like it when that happens, because it builds suspense, that was just a little too much suspense building until I actually lost the suspense and was like, "Yeah, and...?" But all the other parts of the book were just fantastic! Though one part was skipped, and several parts just skimmed, the story was fabulous and strong and the ending was just bang-pow this book is over. So is this paragraph.

Words to the Characters:

Tobias: Wow, that was a tough decision. But I must say, I am happy with the choice you ended up making. Or would that be giving? Hmm...

Tris: I like the way it all turned out in the end, I think you did the right thing. 

Okay, my manager suggested I come up with a catch phrase for my endings, but that is still on the fence, so I'll just see you next time!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment