Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Secretly Wish I Were A Captive.

Hello world!! And a special greeting to all the Americans: Happy Thanksgiving!! I timed this post just so that I could say that. Maybe later I'll tell a Thanksgiving joke. This post is going to take a really long time! I keep turning around to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the flat screen! I don't want to miss all the pretty floats!! Ooh, it's a commercial, I better write the next paragraph.

So, about 19 minutes into this morning, I finished this book called Captives by Jill Williamson. Break time, it's back on! This is book one of what I think is either a series or a trilogy...Series, it's a series. So far, this is the only published one in the Safe Lands series, so it might be a while before the next one. Or perhaps not that long at all. Anyways, I'll bet you want an Amazon link, now, don't you?

Summaryish: This book is all about, not just one person, but a whole village of people! It's not a very big village, so don't worry about keeping up with everybody. In a future world, where there are these places called Safe Lands where people live and let die... I mean, live and let liberate. Anyways, everyone inside the Safe Lands has this plague. It's not very bad, you just get really flakey skin and you can't have kids. That's why the Safe Landers decide to go kidnap the people in the village I was talking about earlier and turn them into unwilling plague-free surrogates. Yup.

Review: This book was okay. I enjoyed reading it, it was a nice story and everything, but something was definitely not right about it. I think it had something to do with the verbs. I really liked watching this book, but I feel like it could be a lot faster. And sometimes the conversation just didn't seem natural. But, I have a lot of good things to say about this novel too! I liked the way it was sometimes just life mixed in with all the stuff that was going on. I normally like bang-pow action, but in this case, the action wasn't really explosions, but revelations and suspenseful moments of "Oh snap! Not Shaylinn!" and that was kind of nice. I also liked the way it had these little sprinkles of humor nicely spaced throughout the whole thing. So, if I had to rate it on a scale of one to ten, I'll give this book a solid five and three quarters.

Words to the Characters:

Mason: Oh my goodness! How are you ever going to find it!!! Ah!

Ciddah: I hope I'm pronouncing your name correctly. In other news, I so knew it!!!!

That's all. Wow, this post took a super long time. Two minutes commercial breaks really aren't en-ooops1 Gotta go!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment