Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bellhops Are The New Travelers.

Hello world!! I finished another book! And I'm back again to review it! That was pretty self-explanatory, though, since I wouldn't be blogging if I hadn't finished another book. But it's always nice to get my introductory paragraph at least a little longer. Oh!! I made a wordle, it's over to the right and down a bit if you want to see it. It's a little small though. Anyways, book.

So, I just finished this book called The Never War by DJ MacHale, book three of ten in the Pendragon series. I reviewed the last book in this series here. From there, you can find the first book in the series. The only other thing I can think of to add to this paragraph is the Amazon link. But where did I put it? OooOOOoo! Mystery!

Summaryish: Okay, Bobby Pendragon has been through some pretty interesting stuff in the past year, but this adventure may be the most interesting yet, because he's going to First Earth. Which, by the way, is 1937. Like usual, he and Spader and the Traveler from First Earth are in charge of guarding the turning point to make it go in the right direction. But with Saint Dane's location a mystery, how will they find the turning point? And once they do, how will they know what to do with it? This turning point isn't clear like it was on Cloral and Denduron...And that opaqueness could prove to be way more dangerous than they thought.

Review: I need the next book now. It's not a want, it's a full blown need. As in, I need food and water and the next book to survive. This book was super intense and suspenseful and so gosh-darn AMAZING that even a person who absolutely hates science fiction and all things involving reading could read this book and enjoy it. I'm not even exaggerating. I gasped, gaped, chewed my finger nails, bit my lip until it bled, and read during breakfast and lunch (Which I don't always do, because I like to focus on the wonders occurring in my mouth when eating). I had to stop myself from skipping some paragraphs to look down at others and then going back up to what I missed before I turned the page. Okay, I didn't stop myself, but I generally do that with all books. I'm kind of a backwards reader. Anyways, if you loved the first two books in this series, you will marry this book. I can't wait for the next one!

Words to the Characters:

Bobby: Well, duh, the series is named after you after all!

Spader: Don't be mad at Bobby, I think he did the right thing. You know it, too.

Gunny: I'm kind of happy you can't pick up a gun, it's nice.

Alrighty, that's all for today. Let's try out a new catch phrase...Shut down your computer and get to reading!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment