Monday, November 18, 2013

I Seriously Thought This Would Be About Hippies.

Good evening world!! Wow, it's really late. But I don't have anything to do in the twenty minutes between now and bedtime, and I finished a book so I thought, you know, why not? I probably won't finish it tonight, though, and I'll have to do it tomorrow morning, so don't be surprised if you I don't post this until tomorrow...hmm, I guess that warning won't work if I actually don't post this until tomorrow...I'm really not as dumb as I sound sometimes, I promise. Okay, I lied. 

So, Earlier today (4:40 to be exact) I finished this book called Harmony by Project Itoh. Mr. Itoh is Japanese, which is really neat, and Project is his American name. I doubt I would be able to pronounce his Japanese name, which makes even more cool. Anyways, I highly doubt that this is a series. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say this isn't a series book. But I've been wrong twice before. This paragraph is getting long, and now I only have 13 minutes, so Amazon link! By the way, if you go to the Amazon link and look closely, you will discover that is says "Read L to R - Western Style." I think that's kind of cute.

Summaryish: Okay, 11 more minutes. Yes, it takes two minutes for me to get the Amazon link. Ah! I just realized I forgot to put it in there...Okay, 10 more minutes. This book is about three girls in a perfect health-driven society. Being teenagers, they decide to rebel. And the only way to do that in a health-driven society is to try to die. So they decide to starve themselves...They do not succeed in dying, and 13 years later big changes are coming to the world they live in. Really big changes. I'm talking about...oh I can't tell you.

Review. 8 minutes, phew, I don't know if I can do it. Wow, that summary only took me two minutes. Anyways. There is only one word t odescribe this book: Mind-numbing. Talk about blah blah blah!! I am one of those people who believe that no story is a bad story, and if it just doesn't work for me, it needs either a different author or a different reader. You might be that diferent reader for whom this story works, but I'm just warning you; This book is very slow even though it's only 252 pages, the tone is way too laid back, though that fits the narrator who "doesn't care about the world" it just makes the story drag along. BUT!! I was impressed by the interesting use of HTML formatting. Excuse me, ETML formatting. It's not Hyper-Text Markup Language, it's Emotion-to-Text Markup Language. Plus, the characters were nicely defined and there were only a few bad words - both pluses in my book. But, my book would never be that slow, just saying.  **It's the next day now**

Words to the Characters:

Tuan: Hello there!! (I couldn't think of anything to say.)

Miach: You creep me out just a little. Maybe if you'd stop obsessing about death, I'd like you better. 

Okay, that  post took two days! How fun!! Hmm..Catch phrase...yeah, I've got nothing. That was bad grammar. I have nothing.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment