Friday, November 15, 2013

I Think Proxy Is Fun To Say. Proxy Proxy Proxy.

Hey world! Wow, when did I last post? Yesterday? The day before? I can't even remember!! I think it was yesterday, but I will never be certain. Unless I check. Okay, now it's just too suspenseful....yeah, it was yesterday. Aw, man, now I don't have a mystery!! Well, I guess there's always I Am Number Four to puzzle over. That series really is killing me. To get my mind of that, how about we talk about the book?

So, ten minutes ago I finished this book called Proxy by Alex London. Who, coincidentally, isn't from London. Very disappointing, but everyone is entitled to have their own hometown.  As far as I know, this is not a series, but I was wrong about The House of the Scorpion. Did I tell you about that? Well, it's been listed so it will appear soon, and I can tell you about it then. Uhhh...embarrassing moment, but it says right on the side of Mr. London's website that Proxy does have a sequel. It's not due out until May, though, so we'll have to wait. Okay, Amazon link time. 

Summaryish: This book is all about a guy named Knox and his proxy Syd. A proxy? What now? In this futuristic society, just being alive is enough to put you into 18 years of debt...at least for the poor people. The only way to pay off their debts is to be a proxy for the wealthy patrons, taking their punishments when they get into trouble. So when Knox gets into some big trouble, Syd decides he can't take it anymore, and he runs away. Somehow - I'm not telling how, so don't even ask - they meet up and escape the city together. The only way to stay alive is to bring down the society they've known their entire lives...Something privileged Knox might not want to do.

Review: This book was great, I really liked the story and the way things kept happening without talking about them happening, or any breaks between the events. I love books like that!! But what was really unique about this book was that it wasn't just one big adrenaline rush, it also had some meaning and friendship thrown in for fun. It was nicely balanced and super terrific. Some parts I didn't like though, they were a little weird, but I decided to just ignore those parts and just keep on reading the story. I'm looking forward to the sequel, but not as much as, say, the next Pendragon book (which is already out, and I don't even have to wait for it...draw your own conclusions from that.) And that's all I have to say about that.

Words to the Characters:

Knox: You did the right thing. But I totally saw it coming.

Marie: I find it odd that in the sixteen years of your life, you only did one thing to help the Cause. If you were really as committed as you say, why didn't you go out and join it?

Syd: I'm trying to figure out what book your name comes from...Thank you Google! A Tale OF Two Cities, sounds fun.

Okay, post = over. Reading = definitely not. The day is still young, even though the sun is already setting. There's plenty of time to read another book. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment