Sunday, December 1, 2013

I Like Tri Much Better.

Hey world! Wait, I'm going to turn a light on. Okay, my world is now illuminated. I have a confession to make. I haven't read very much today. I know, I know, I'm a despicable human being, but I was watching non-human beings crash star ships into each other. Yeah, I had a Star Trek marathon...But I promise I'm going to read more tonight. In the meantime, I have a book to review!

So, I recently finished this book called Quad by C.G. Watson. She's supposed to have a website, but for some reason I just can't seem to find it, so I'm just going to have to guess about the series thing, and my guess is no. As in, it's not a series. There are two things about which I don't have to guess, though. One is the Amazon link, the other is that Shinzon gets way creepier at the end of the movie. (That was a Star Trek reference - I'm still reeling from my marathon.) 

Summaryish: When gunshots are heard around a school that's name I can't pronounce, six kids from six different cliques run to the student store for protection. Oddly enough, each student in the store seems to be connected in one way or another to potential suspects, and they decide to spend their moments of terror yelling at each other about who it is while we, the readers, venture into the past, not Into Darkness. (Another Star Trek reference!!) One by one, suspects are eliminated, which leaves us with the shooter. 

Review: I give this book a solid "eh." It was a nice story, but I didn't necessarily have fun reading it. I figured out whodunnit way before the last two pages where the answer is revealed, and the only reason I kept reading was to make certain that I was correct, (which I was.) I will admit, though, the only reason I knew is that I may have read the last line of the book (which had no mention of the killer at all, I might add.) when I was checking the page count and connected that to something one of the characters said earlier. So if I hadn't done that, I would have probably been more interested, but definitely not riveted. Along with the incessant swearing, there were other things in the novel that made me uncomfortable. But the book did make me happy that I didn't go to public school! SNAP! I keep giving things about my identity away. But I will never give away anything about a book, you can believe me on that one!!  

Words to the Characters:

Ranger: Thank you for the clarification.

Stone: I just don't like you, so I'm not going to talk to you anymore.

Okay, that review is over. It might be a while until my next review, because after just 9 or 10 books after War and Peace, I'm back to the over 1,000 page books!!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment