Sunday, December 29, 2013

Oi Veh, Yet Another One.

Hey world!! Just one more after this and I'll be all caught up! Woo! But after that, you must be warned that it may be awhile. Not because I'm going to get behind again, just because the book I'm reading now is a bit of a toughy. Anyways, so now it's time for phase three of four.

So, before I started the book I'm going to review next, I finished this book called Othello by the illustrious William Shakespeare. Plays are rarely ever series books, and this one certainly isn't. But what it is is a really awesome kind of Shakespeare that I like to read called No Fear Shakespeare. It has the original script on one page, and on the other page it has a 'today's' translation. It's really neat! So, if you want this version, just try clicking the Amazon link! If you don't like Amazon...Search it?

Summaryish; It's been a couple days, and I'm already lost in a different book, so this might not be my best summaryish. I also have this really terrible itch on my back and it's distracting me. So anyways, this play is all about this guy named Othello, who married (in-secret) this lady. There's also this guy, named Iago, who's kind of mean, and he gets upset because he doesn't get the job he wants so he decides to ruin Othello's life by making him all jealous by making it seem as if his new - and did I mention much younger? - wife is cheating on him. 

Review: This play was amazing! I really love all of Shakespeare's plays. They all seem so interconnected and super thought out. Plus, when you find a passage you really like, you can just memorize it, and be like, "Ha ha, I can quote Shakespeare!" (I personally like "As wicked dew as ever my mother brushed with raven's feathers from an unwholesome fen drop on you!" I just haven't found a place to say it yet. Plus, I doubt my mother is a witch who ever brushed poisoned swamp gunk with raven's feathers anywhere. Maybe I'll just stick with toads beetles bats.) Anyways, so all-in-all it's a great play, and I fully enjoyed myself!

Words to the Characters:

Othello: Someone's got a bad temper! Drink some relaxing tea, maybe.

Iago: You have an even worse temper than Othello! Goodness. Maybe y'all should get together for tea parties. 

Okay, one more left. Maybe later, I'm beginning to get hungry. Speaking of that word, did you know the only two words in the English language that end in -gry are hungry and angry? It's pretty interesting. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Aononymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment