Saturday, December 28, 2013

The First of Many.

Hey world! Not only have I been bad, I've been terrible. It's been ages since the last time I blogged!! In fact, I now have FOUR books in need of reviewal. Naughty naughty me. But, hey, holidays are lazy times. I'm going to try to review them all today, but that might take a while and I'm not good at doing the same thing for a long time. Unless it's reading or doing a puzzle. So anyways, I might as well start now.

So, who knows how long ago I finished Emperor Mollusk versus the Sinister Brain by A. Lee Martinez. A little warning, this guy's website isn't the best, so try not clicking on it unless you absolutely have to. Anyways. I don't think it's a series book, but it was semi set up for one. I doubt we'll ever know though, because Mr. Martinez's website isn't all that great. In fact, the book I'm talking about isn't even featured! What? He updates his blog more than I update mine, though, so I'll give him that. A very nice website, however, is Amazon

Summaryish: Imagine a tiny octopus, now give him an impossible intelligent brain and a metal human-like body. Now you've got Emperor Mollusk, retired warlord of Earth. But, retired or not, this guy has a lot of enemies probably because he uses his brain for evil. But now, a lot of those enemies are after him. Or maybe, it's an entirely new enemy leading him on a wild-goose chase across "Terra." Either way, the world Mollusk has become attached to is in terrible danger, and only he can stop it.

Review: This book was really funny! The story was nice, too, but I will admit I was only reading for the laughs. I wasn't really attached to this story, and it didn't give me thrills or make my heart beat like crazy or anything. For me, it was just a cute little story about an alien. I wouldn't give it any awards, but I also don't want to give you the idea that this wasn't a fun book. It was hilarious the way mortal enemies were wishing each other nice days and Mollusk was trying hard "not to vaporize people just for being annoying." It was a good book, I really liked it, but it wasn't something I'll remember for very long. I probably will remember the laughs and maybe the title, but I certainly won't recall the already-fading plot. So, if you've been reading some very deep allegories and stuff lately, this will be a great break from all that!

Words to the Characters:

Zala: Whenever I heard your name, I was thinking "Zula." As in, the Zula of a few books ago.

Mollusk: I like how, while you're the bad guy, your not such a bad guy.

Okay, one down, three to go.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment