Monday, December 30, 2013

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey world!! After this post, I'll be all caught up and you can officially forgive me! Woo! If you're a little late to this party and don't know what I'm talking about...That's probably a good thing because I don't want to turn you off of my blog. Anyways, I'm going to get started so that I can actually be caught up.

So, just recently I finished this book called A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. The neat thing is that it also had a bunch of other short stories in it written by Mr. Dickens, so I pretty much got a whole portfolio in one book! All the stories are Christmas themed, but none of them are written in a series. I'm trying to remember, and I think it was actually seven stories, two of which containing chapters. But you can verify that for yourself by using the Amazon link!

Summaryish: So, we all know the story of a Christmas Carol, it's all over the place with movies and spin-offs and even the Muppets got in on it. The other stories, though, I've decided to leave as a surprise to you. They're very short, and not all of them actually have plots. But I will tell you that The Haunted Man was my favorite.

Review: I must be honest; I was slightly bored with this. It was a great story, but every once in a while - Actually every while in a once is more like it - my short attention span was shattered and I observed my ceiling, looked around the room in which I was reading, took unnecessary breaks, wandered around through the pages, stared at the pictures probably longer than I should have...But then something fun happened and I would snap back to to story and be quite happy for a bit. I actually wasn't planning to get this book, it just happened when I couldn't find Great Expectations. I'm still going to read that book, but I have to say...the sleepy language of this book is probably going to make me put it off a library visit or two. And I also will admit that I already don't remember half of what I read.

Words to the Characters:

Mr. Redlaw: I told you not to do it...But then again, you probably couldn't hear me.

Mr William: Hee hee, you're funny, I like you!!

Okie dokie, I'm finally all caught up. I'll see you next time for some...wait for it...actually, you're going to have to wait until I post it! Oo, suspense!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment