Sunday, January 5, 2014

I Once Made a Tower Out of Couch Cushions.

Hey world! Guess who? Me of course!! I'm back with another book to review! And, just saying, I only have half a book (exactly) left, so if you want to make a request, now is the time to do it! (wink wink) Happy New Year by the way! OH! That reminds me! I have a new year's announcement! Do you remember around the time of my anniversary, I told y'all that a new change would be coming in 2014? Well, this is it: This year, we're going to have a series of books. Which means that every once in a while, there will be a length of time when I only review one type of book. We'll have Classic's Corner, Movie Mania, Run For Your Life Aliens Are Attacking Weekends, and maybe even Apocalyptic Wednesday's, who knows? So, if you have an idea for a fun series of books, comment that along with your requests! Wow, this paragraph is way too long.

So, Friday at exactly 11:45 PM, a time of which I am very proud because it's so...rounded, I finished book two in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien. Sad news: I read the first book in the series BB, and thanks to my meticulous records, I can tell you it was 3:44 PM 1/21/2012 when I finished it. So close to two years ago that it might as well be two years. Anyways, this is a pretty popular book. I'm surprised I'm just getting around to it. But, if you haven't already read it (the movie doesn't count) you can buy it on Amazon, the link to which I courteously supply to you every single book.

Summaryish: So, there's this ring. And it's pretty powerful. It makes the wearer invisible. But, like all power, it can pretty addictive. Also, the Ring belongs to this evil guy whom nobody like because he's...well, evil. He, of course wants the ring back, which causes complications for our Ring-bearer, Frodo! In the first book, he gets the Company together, the people who are supposed to help him get to Mordor where he can destroy the Ring in the fires that created it. And, in case you can't tell by the dramatic name "Mordor," it's the palce where the evil guy (We're not supposed to say his name, but I'm pretty sure it's Sauron. *flinch* Hmm. Nothing happened) lives. But, in book two, you see the results of Frodo and his servant Samwise going off on their own to destroy the One Ring. Guided by Gollum, they have to face all sorts of dangers. Oh my goodness, do you know how many words have red lines under them in that paragraph?

Review: Does this post seem longer than all my others? It does to me. My fingers are definitely getting winded. Anyways. This book was fabulous! There were a lot of parts where I just zoned out because nothing was happening, but a few paragraphs after that happened I would snap back to see the next part of the action. And boy was there a lot of action! I gripped the pages, yelled at the characters, and may have only just caught myself from screaming "No!" It's definitely a page-turner, even if there are a lot of long-winded descriptions of things I don't really care about. I mean, sheesh, yeah, purple mountain, I get it. Now what's happening to Merry and Pippin? Goshers. I definitely recommend this book! If you can make it through the endless discussion of tree breeds, you won't be sorry!

Words to the Characters:

Frodo: At first, I was like, "What! What!? NO!" But then, I was like, "Wait." And I remembered what I knew about spiders and was okay after that.

Samwise: I never knew "Noodles" could be a swear word until I met you...

Gollum: I know you're supposed to be this suspicious and slimy character, but I just can't get over how adorable you are!

Okay, you only have to wait half a book until my next post! Bye bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

1 comment:

  1. OK Anonymous,
    You said in this post here, to post a request to a book, and I follow orders.
    "Gateway to Astria" was written by my friend, Isaiah Gray, and I think you should read it! (It's free on smashwords) :)
    So! Get to reading, if you like!
    -Anonymous follower (you know who I am!!! MUAHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete