Saturday, January 11, 2014

I'm Not New Or A World, But I'm At Least Brave In My Imagination!

Hey world!! Never ever ever believe me when I tell you that you only have to wait a little bit of time for the next post, because I will forget. I'm just an absent-minded person. Too caught up in the next story to review the three I have lined up by now. But right now, I'm just going to sit down and review every single last one!!! Unless my tummy calls me away...It is lunch time, you know.

So, A super while ago, in fact, so long ago that this book has already been returned, I finished this book called Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. It is neither a series, nor a...actually I don't have a second thing, I just like the word "nor." It gives my shivers!! Anyways, if you get the copy I read, there's a neat non-fiction essay in the back titled Brave New World Revisited which I didn't read because...you know...non-fiction. Bleh. But it looked interesting and I wanted to read it, I just forgot. Sadly, Google Chrome is acting up, so you get no links today because I don't feel like re-starting and just staring into space while my computer reboots. 

Summaryish: This book was written in the thirties...and it's scary how accurate it was. It's a sleep-learning, drug-driven, high-tech society. It seems like heaven, where nothing goes wrong and everyone is happy. But, one man, who was born outside of the beauteous Society, dares to question it. Not much actually happened happened. It was more like things occurred. Things that were very interesting, but sadly un-summarizable.  

Review: I was definitely hooked for the whole thing. It took me two days to read, and it was absolutely gorgeous! Some things were really creepy, but it was like a train wreck! You want to look away but...you just can't! It was fabulously written too! It had a very laid-back tone, which usually causes tune-outs, but in this case it was rapturous! Everything was so fluid and stirring! If you like old-fashion science-fiction, or any science-fiction, definitely put a hold on this one!!

Words to the Characters:

Mr. Savage: I can't say I was surprised...but I was still disappointed.

Bernard: I thought you were different, but I guess you're just like everyone else.

Okie dokie, next one in T Minus, however long it takes for me to type it.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment