Friday, January 17, 2014

I Don't Like Doing This To My Computer, But In This Book, It Just Works.

Hey world! Look at me! Two days in a row! I'm on fire! Actually, I'm a little chilly, but it was metaphoric fire. You know, I can barely remember a time BB. It feels like I've always read books and reviewed them here. But in reality, a place I don't like to visit too often, it's only been a little over a year! Hmm. I just realized it's been a year and publishers have not yet approached me to write a blurb yet. Goodness, am I paying my manager to do nothing? Oh wait, I don't pay her...So I guess she's doing her job. Thank you, dearest manager! 

So, last night at exactly 10:30, I finished this book called Reboot by Amy Tintera , who has a very sophisticated website. Kudos, Ms. Tintera! And, according to this very nice website, this book has a sequel coming out in May! So far away...But, luckily there are so many other books (one) coming out before then that I'm looking forward to, which will tide me over. Anyways, I'm sure you want your favorite part of the whole post, the Amazon link

Summaryish: At the end of my last post, I said this book would be about robot-thingers, but I was wrong, they're humans! Well, sort of. So, in this future, there's this disease that kills you. But the weird thing about the disease is that it brings you back to life. The longer you were dead, the less emotional you are. The perfect soldiers for the corporation that controls everything, right? That's what they thought too. Wren 178 was the perfect soldier, until Callum 22 showed up and changed everything. And when HARC, the corporation I mentioned earlier, gives Wren an order she refuses, Wren and Callum must escape!

Review: So, at first, I was thinking this was going to be like Robin Wasserman's trilogy about...what were they called?...Skinners! That's what they were called! Anyways, I thought it would be like that, which was a trilogy I only semi-liked, but I was wrong. This was way better! The first couple chapters were a little painful, but later I really dived on in and started super-enjoying this! It's a wild ride for sure! This story makes you itch for more! Plus, it's mostly clean. Of swear words, that is. Blood is kind of messy, so I wouldn't call it clean. 

Words to the Characters:

Wren: I never did see what you saw. I think HARC just made you think that.

Callum: I smile a lot too. Maybe that's why you're my favorite character! (Don't tell.)

Okay, that's all. The next book coming up is something I am SO EXCITED about!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment