Thursday, January 16, 2014

Eelong Is The New Amazon.

Hey world!! Guess what! I'm only one day late! Huzzah for me, being semi-on time and ready to roll with my latest review! And I just discovered a new title collecting trick! On Amazon, there's that little thing that tells you what other people who looked at this item also bought. It's really great for scoping out new authors and titles and series, or even other books by the same author, although you could just go to the author's website for that one. But sometimes, authors don't have websites. Like the one's who died before the Internet came out. Okay, this paragraph is getting long.

So, I just one day ago I finished this book called Black Water by D.J. MacHale. If you're a long time fan of mine, then you'll recognize the name of the author as the guy who writes the Pendragon series that I've been reviewing! But, for those of you who are not my long time fans, which is pretty much all but four people, this is the fifth book in the Pendragon series. But, if doubt you're looking for the review of a fifth book in a series. If you are, and aren't hooked after four books, then maybe you should stop here. But, hey, I took an oath to review every book I read, so here I am, loyally carrying out the duties of the Sacred Order of the Blogger. Which, coincidentally, involves the distributing of Amazon links.

Summaryish: You know the drill, Bobby has flumed off to a different territory to battle Saint Dane. This time, he's on Eelong, but the battle is even more desperate than ever since **SPOILER ALERT FROM THE LAST BOOK** Saint Dane won his first territory, Veelox. **SPOILER ALERT OVER** But, what's different about this territory is that for the first time ever, the dominant species is not human. So, in the hands of the cat-people who run this territory and treat humans, or "gars," like slaves, Bobby must stop the klees (cat-people) from killing all of the gars for lack of food. 

Review: I was really excited about picking this book up. Not only was I in humongous suspense from the last book, but this book is longer than all of the other ones before it. So, you can imagine how happy I was when this book totally met my expectations. While not going above what I expected, this book was still awesome. There were a few slower parts, but the bang-pow-ow-this-is-so-awesome-it-hurts-a-little ending totally made up for it. I love it when everything goes wrong! Anyways. I really liked this book, and I think you will too. Even if you haven;t read the other books, this series is set up so you can enter in anywhere, even though they do build on each other. 

Words to the Characters:

Kasha: Good choice!! I would have picked the same thing.

Mark and Courtney: Bad choice. I tried to warn you, but you just wouldn't listen!

Okay, I'm all done. See you next time for something about human-robot-thingers! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment