Saturday, July 12, 2014

It Is Close to Dinner Time...

Hey world! So, it's Day Five (yes, I capitalized those letters), but more than that, it's the twelfth of July. Happy twelfth Northern Irish readers! Gotta love public radio, it tells you about everything. I'm kind of embarrassed right now because I just, like two seconds ago, changed my calendar from June to July. Oh, I'm so pathetic. But I didn't forget to blog, so that's gotta be at least one point in my favor.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm up to reviewing Hunger by Michael Grant, book two of six in the Gone series. We're getting so close to where I am now! Only maybe two books left, but I am reading a short book, so maybe we'll have an eight day marathon. That would be a new record I think, since I usually forget around day six or seven. This time, maybe we'll go all the way. Who knows? Even a Day Nine is a possibility. But back to the book. The Amazon link is here, still no audible though. You know those "recommended for you" things on YouTube? Mine are mostly book trailers and Star Trek bloopers. Fun little fact about me that I thought you might like to know. (Okay, I didn't think you'd want to know that, I was just thinking about that because I was watching a book trailer and I generally type whatever I'm thinking.)

Summaryish: The kids in Perdido Beach are starving. The first few weeks, they ate all the junk food leaving the meat and fruit and vegetables to rot, and now they're paying the ultimate price. With tensions growing between the freaks and the normals, and the Darkness gaining strength, Sam, newly elected mayor, is faced with difficult decisions. The hardest one of all regarding his long lost brother Caine, and his not-so loyal follower Drake. That was a terrible summary, even for me.

Review: I need the next one. This is no longer a want, this is a need. Because, like, whoa. The first book in this series got a good review...this one, if it's possible, is better. There wasn't a 200 page slump this time, and that was very happy-making. Well, more like pull-out-my-hair-snap-this-is-intense-and-beautiful making. Let me tell you something: 590 pages - one and half days. Yup. Three hundred page books have taken longer. It's full of action, suspense, even a little meaning, and it's spooky, but in an awesome way. So, why are you still reading my poorly written blog? Go get this book! 

About the Title:

Very nicely chosen, Mr. Grant. I thought this title meant one thing when going in, but it had that secret meaning packed into it that I found very clever and effective. I also like this whole "one word" thing going on, it's just curiosity-inducing enough and also very mysterious sounding, which kind of reflects some of the themes of the book. Claps for that.

Okay, see you tomorrow unless I don't.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment