Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NOT of Arendelle.

Hey world! Cue Diego the saber tooth tiger voice - Yeah, who's up for round two! Second day of the current marathon, and boy is it a big book! I think I may have mentioned it a few posts ago, but now it's for real! Woo! And strawberry and chocolate yogurt makes it even better. Oh, I just wish I had tea, but, alas, I ran out. There's just one bag left that I'm saving for...sometime. Anyway, book.

So, it was a long time ago when I started Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, but only a little over a week since I finished it. Wow, I just impressed myself, because I already have another four books to review, not exactly short ones either. Okay, two of them were rather short, but let me have this one moment of self-impressing in my boring-to-others-but-not-to-me life that has so few. Here's the Amazon link, but there is no audible which leaves me slightly surprised because it's such a famous book. Poor blind people and joggers with no time to sit and read. 

Summaryish: Oh là là! Where to begin? So there's this lady named Anna Karenina, who thinks she's happy in her life...until she meets the dashing Count Vronsky who makes her realize that, why, no, she's not happy with her life after all. She leaves behind her husband and child to live the life she thought she wanted...to disastrous results. Also, the life and times of Levin, Kitty, and others. Short summary for a book with 817 pages.

Review: Goodness, this book is like a soap opera on paper! So much drama and emotion and things leading to other things that it makes me want to just quit reading and sit around all day watching All My Children because I liked it so much! Okay, that's not going to happen, but I did very very much enjoy reading this book. It was written in the 1800s, so it was a little tough to read, and I didn't get all of the allusions, as expected, but my translators are awesome and they have notes about those in the back. There were some parts that were slow, and others that were boring, but those were few and far between, and most of the book was awesometastic and beautiful! Yay! So not only by reading this will you get a good experience and a nice story, but you also get bragging rights because Tolstoy, 1800s, 817 pages. Bam.

Words to the Characters:

Anna: Oh, Anna, there is just so much to say to you I can't even begin...It's nice that you love him and all, but, dear, you can do so much better.

Kitty: I knew that was going to happen. I could see it in your fictitious imagined eyes...

Okay, see you tomorrow. Who knows what the last paragraph will be about?

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment