Friday, July 11, 2014

There's a Song Stuck in My Head. It Has Nothing To Do With The Book.

Hey world! Day four, and I didn't forget! I just finished watching my Star Trek for the week. Lovely episodes, though there was only one funny part. They also experimented with different camera angles. Very - forgive me for saying - fascinating. Now that I've run upstairs to see which book I'm reviewing and read a nice poem, I think I'm ready to press the enter key!

So, recently, and by recently I mean less than a week so hurrah, I finished this book called The Drowning by Rachel Ward. I don't think it's a series, which kind of saddens me. I've reviewed books by Mrs. Ward before, in fact, I've read every book Mrs. Ward has written. (You can probably see where this review is going.) The Amazon link is here, but I'm disappointed there's no audible. I wanted to hear the British accents.

Summaryish: When Carl Adams is told that his big brother drowned, and Carl can't remember a thing about it or the girl who rode in the ambulance with him screaming her head off, he must figure out what really went on that day. Complicating things is the fact that Carl is seeing his dead brother's face, in the rain, in the drain. And it's speaking to him, telling him that he must kill the screaming girl. Was that hard to follow? I feel like it was hard to follow. It was also very short.

Review: Snap, this book was fantastic! I expected nothing less from a Rachel Ward, though. It was like this slow and dangerous walk across a high wire with no net. And by slow I don't mean slow, I mean building in the most intense way possible. I stayed up way to late - or should I say early - reading this book. But I don't regret the loss of sleep, not at all! It was a great book, a little creepy, but it kept me guessing. The plot lines were laid absolutely perfectly, and the suspense had me about ready to burst. Two thumbs, both up.

I can't really think of a last paragraph, and I'm bored now, so I'm just going to leave. Bye.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment