Wednesday, July 16, 2014

There Might Be A Song About This Somewhere.

Hey world! This is Day...Nine? of my marathon! I'm starting to think that we'll even make it to ten! Won't that be simply wonderful? But let's not get ahead of ourselves, we should just talk about the book at hand. Wouldn't want to muddle reviews by thinking about future ones!

So, just Monday, so I'm almost completely caught up, I finished this book called Guardian by Alex London, who sometimes goes by Alexander London, and sometimes C. Alexander London, and sometimes Charles London. A man of many names, it would seem, but only one website. This is the sequel to Proxy which I also reviewed here, sometime in November I think. A pretty long while ago at least! But, this Amazon link is still young, because the book just came out in May. 

Summaryish: Rules about not reading this if you haven't read Proxy beginning now. After they took the system at the cost of Knox's life, Syd has become the symbol of hope for the people in this daring new age. But people are falling ill. It started with the Guardians, but quickly progressed to the normal people. The only way to cure the possibly fatal disease is to reboot the network, which means reversing the revolution that Knox and Syd began. 

Review: Okay, maybe it's just because I read this book right after a super awesome one, but the thing I have to say about this book is: Boring. Sure, it had action, sure there was suspense, sure there was mystery, and yeah it was beautifully written and even had some discussion about things like survivor's guilt and weighing one person's life against another, but, honestly, I didn't really care what happened in the book as long as I got through the next few hours before my library visit. I guess this book and I just weren't compatible. It happens sometimes.

About the Cover:

So, the big finale is located in a city, and there's a city on the cover. But that city was supposed to be all dirty and old and abandoned, when the city on the cover looks very new and sparkly, which left me a bit disappointed.But, I must admire the font choice. It's a gorgeous font and I wish I knew what it was called. I even checked the copyright page. Overall, though, I must admit that the cover had a nice mysterious and intriguing affect about it. Very enticing.

See you tomorrow unless I don't, bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment