Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Feel Like I'm Saying it Backwards, But I Think That Was The Point.

Hey world! Me again. I haven't forgotten yet, yay! I've got my tea, but it's fogging my glasses. And my glasses are lopsided because of my headphones. Which means I'm blogging from behind lopsided fog. I hope the ensuing typos entertain you. So this is Day...Six. I always lose track at around this time.

So, a few days ago I  read this book called Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant. Despite the lack of matching last names, I think they're married.I'm not sure if this is a series or not. It could be...But it also could not be. I guess we'll know when and if the next one comes out! It has a fabulous audible, I really do love this one. Check it out by following this Amazon link! Now I can ex out of all those tabs I don't need anymore. They really slow me down. 

Summaryish: After almost dying Evening Spiker is sent to her mother's lab to recover where she meets Solo, a young guy who hates E.V's mother but is, sadly, her ward. While there, Eve is charged with creating the perfect boy on a new computer program her mother has come up with. But what happens if she discovers something she wishes she never had? What if perfect is too, well, perfect? Bad summary. I blame the foggy glasses.

Review:  I expected to love this book. I mean, Michael Grant, who doesn't love him? And I was so right! I did love this book! Everything was paced marvelously, with just enough clues to figure things out on your own, but not enough that you don't second guess yourself once in a while. The perfect amount of twists were present, and turns were balanced wonderfully with those. It made me want to read nonstop. It made me want to tell you to get it now. So get it now. 

About the Cover:

We won't spend  too much time here, because I know you're about to leave and get the book but hang around a little longer just for this. The  cover was beautiful. I loved the apple-puzzle piece thing, so symbolic! Like that episode of Star Trek, the one where Spock plays his little Vulcan instrument with those people looking for Eden, and the guy named Adam...Well I won't give it away, but it was just like that.

Okay, see you tomorrow! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment