Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Maybe One Day I Will Be Too.

Hey world! This is probably the most fail-y marathon I have ever attempted. Oh well. Things happen that cause me to forget other things. Maybe this is why most of my views come from robots in Poland. Unless you're a real person, Poland-viewer. Yeesh, comment or something. Give me someone to right for Polish-readers. Or any readers. I had a comment just the other day. It made me feel special. 

So, a little while ago I read this book called Legend by Marie Lu. I think this was her first book, but now she has four. This is book one of a trilogy, and I am thankful that all of them are out. I can devour them like Oreos. I wonder if bacon could improve Oreos. Anyways, there's an okay audible at the other end of this Amazon link.

Summaryish: Day is an unknown and dangerous criminal, June is the military's best prodigy. Add in a dead brother and deadly plague, and you have a volatile combination of desperation and revenge. Throw in a couple lies and, a conspiracy and a good disguise and you have a hidden volcano about to explode. I'm feeling dramatic today, which leads to not much of a summary, but still a pretty good paragraph.

Review: I was so pleasantly surprised! This was an unplanned browse-book, and I usually don't expect much from those because I know nothing about them at all and I'm always a little suspicious but still excited in a low-expectation kind of way. But this book was amazing! Absolutely amazing! Marie Lu really knows how to write well! She puts absolutely everything in it at just the right times in just the right ways to make you want to keep on coming back. She has gotten herself a new fan in me!

About the Font:

It was a great font, but my absolute favorite part about it was that on the Day chapters, it was YELLOW!! It's a duo-chromatic book! Who would have  thunk it? I'm guessing that the next one will have blue chapters for June? Right? I sure hope so...

Okay, this doesn't qualify as a marathon any more. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment