Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Internet Went Out Last Night. It's Kind of Like This.

Hey world! Lovely Day (4) we're having here, isn't it? Thursdays are excellent days to be alive.One day after Wednesday, one day before Friday, is there really any better place to be on a Thursday then snuggled in between those two? The only thing that would make this better is if it were tea time. But today I feel like reading during tea time, so I have to finish this in 12 minutes. Excuse the impending typos. 

So, were slowly getting closer to recently, and in Disruption by Jessica Shirvington was read just two and half books ago, so we're really close to recently now. Anyways, this is book one in the Disruption series (I like it better when series have their own titles, but oh well.) I won this book in a contest (it's signed and everything! With best wishes!) and I don't think it's available in the US yet, if the single tick quotation marks were anything to go by. But there is an Amazon link! Is Amazon American? Or, United States of American, which is more accurate. There are so many countries in the Americas.

Summaryish: Maggie's daddy was taken away from her when she was 16 because he inexplicably went neg. She's been searching for him ever since. And now, as she prepares her most daring plan right before she gets fitted with the tech that reads her pheromone ratings with other people, everything seems to be going right...until it all goes wrong. Time crunch people, I'm not even going to apologize for that one. (I'm sorry.)

Review: This book was great! I loved the story, and unlike Ms. Shirvington's other books that I've read, this one had a lot less girl-drama and much more action and suspense, which I love-love-loved. But, like in her other novels, some of the action just seemed to be thrown in there to fill in some sort of gap. It didn't lead anywhere, it was just...punches in the face. I much prefer my fight-scenes to be meaningful, or else all these characters are getting all sweaty and tired for what? Nothing.

I'd write something here, but my tea box is right next to me, and the smell is just too tempting. See you tomorrow.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment