Friday, September 12, 2014

I Want One, It Sounds Like Fun.

Hey world! I'm posting a bit early today, without my tea, because I don't have anything to do. But that doesn't make Day Five of this marathon any less special. I still have, after this book, three books to review, and by then I'll probably have another...This marathon could go on indefinitely. But that's unlikely, I'll forget before long or run out of books. Let's get started!

So, recently, because yeah, we're up to recently now, I read this book called Showdown by Ted Dekker. It's book one in the Paradise series, but I read books 2 and 3 first. Yeah, it's one of those series that you can read in any order you want, and each one will reveal something about the others. Pretty neat. The audible is okay...I think I'm picky about my audibles. Judge for yourself by following this Amazon link.

Summaryish: In a small town called Paradise, Colorado - population 450 (pretty small if you ask me), trouble is definitely brewing when a stranger with inexplicable supernatural abilities shows up and messes with people's minds. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, or in this case secret underground cavern - Billy and Co. make a similar kind of trouble in their monastery home. 

Review: This book was pretty great, however I did find myself losing interest a lot. It was a very good story, I think it just progressed a bit slowly for my personal taste. It was suspenseful almost to the point of annoyance, but I still enjoyed figuring it all out. I loved those moments when it all came together and I was like "Ohh! So that's why blah." I'm very satisfied with this book. But not really much more than that.

Words to the Characters:

Billy: Oh, Billy. Billy, Billy, Billy. I knew this was coming, but it still came as a shock.

Johnny: I'm still failing to see how this led to that.

Okay, that was Day Five. See you tomorrow!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

2 comments:

  1. I think my first comment got erased. Oh well. It's floating out there in cyberspace somewhere. So where's the post about Anna Karenina? Huh? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cue fanfare: It's here!!
      http://soyouthinkyouwanttoreadthat.blogspot.com/2014/07/not-of-arendelle.html

      Delete