Monday, September 22, 2014

I Have A Rock Collection, And My Obsidian Is Kind of Bladey.

Hey world! Happy tea time. I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while, I haven't been taking tea recently for reasons even I don't know. But today I have my Bengal Spice with a touch too much sugar and a book to review. You know, Celestial Seasonings really should be paying me for mentioning their teas so often. Teatulia should too. But I'm not in this for the money, I'm in it for the fame. Kidding, I'm a blogger because I love to read.

So, a little while ago I read this book called The Obsidian Blade by Pete Hautman. NOT Teh Obsidian Blade as I tried to to type it. It is book one of the Klaatu Diskos trilogy. Ooo, ooww, burnt my tongue on my tea. Not fun. Oh, it burns. But Amazon links are always cool. The audible is only average, though.

Summaryish: When Tucker's dad disappears and reappears with a strange yellow-haired girl, and then his mother goes crazy, and then both of his parents disappear, his life is understandably changed forever. Even more so when he stumbles upon an odd little disk that transports him through time and space. And other drama.

Review: Okay, I'm an honest person, so I'm going to tell you the truth: I didn't like this book very much. I don't like not liking books, but this one was just all tell and no show and where's the fun in that? Plus, in most places it was just boring. It didn't even get remotely interesting to me until over the half way mark. And even then, I was just tuning to watch the explosions of which there were not a satisfactory amount. Keep in mind that these are just my opinions, I'm sure there's someone out there who might like this book. We just won't get along.

About the Title:

Okay, first of all, the obsidian blade part was relevant, like, once. But I will admit that I do love a series that has a separate title for the series, and Klaatu Diskos certainly qualifies. If only I liked it, then I could love it.

Okay, bye bye until next time!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment