Sunday, November 18, 2012

By The Way I Also Like Fantasy

Helloha everybody! I'm back for more!!! You expected that right? I've been trying to keep this whole air of mystery because this is an anonymous blog, but I don't think it's working. I also think most of my readers know who I am, which kind of defeats the purpose. Oh well, I like being anonymous so I'm going to keep at it. 

I just finished a book called Lord Sunday by Garth Nix, book 7 of the Keys to the Kingdom series not too long ago. In fact, it hasn't even been an hour yet. It is the last book in a spellbinding series about a boy named Arthur Penhaligon (Suspiciously sounds like Arthur Pendragon if you ask me.) who has severe asthma. Seconds from death, he is rescued by a mysterious man named Mister Monday (not a good guy, just saying) and finds out he is the Heir to the Architect, and to claim his title (which he doesn't want) he must secure the 7 Keys from the evil Trustees in the House, which is a whole world that records our world. Wow, was that confusing?

Summaryish: I've been thinking about discontinuing this paragraph because most of the time I can't tell you what the book is about for spoiler reasons. The same is true now, I cannot tell you about the life threatening not-so-duel in this book because it is the last in a series, and it would inevitably give away the beginnings, middles, and ends of the previous books! I can't tell you about how the House is collapsing and being eaten away by Nothing, either.  So I'm just wasting your time by writing this, but time is an illusion so it doesn't really matter. 

Review: Terrific! Absolutely splendid!!! The first book in the series was fabulous, but the last was doubly so! The ones in between were great too, by the way. To give you a little taste of how riveting this book it, let me explain using other books. This series is in the same league as Artemis Fowl (keep in mind leagues can be big), but wouldn't stand a chance against something by Wayne Thomas Batson in a book off. It would, however, slaughter a Gordon Korman. Between this series and Scott Westerfeld, it would probably be a tie. I was glued to the pages! (Not literally, I could move my fingers and all that) I was reading well past midnight, but when Lights Out was called, I was like "COME ON!! I'm almost done!" (Not out loud, I was trying to be respectful out loud) So I had to wake myself up before Wake Up Time so I could finish the book before I had to get up. 

Words for the Characters:

Arthur: You are a very likable person because you don't ignore your responsibility, so, well done. Also, your inner struggles brought a certain je ne sais quoi to the book (That means I don't know what in French, by the way). 

Suzy Turquoise Blue: You crack me up!!! Comic relief is important, thanks for that!

Leaf: At first, I didn't like you much. I don't know why, I just didn't, but over time you grew on me chicka. The book wouldn't be the same without you.

Will: Jeez, would you lighten up!!! Life isn't just schedules and rules you know. 

That's pretty much that. I don't really have anything else to say...so....Stay in school.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like your "Words for Characters" section.

    ReplyDelete