Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dinosaurs, time travel, AND secret agencies? Bring it on.

Happy Today everybody!!! Can you believe it's been, like, four days since my last post? I blame daylight savings. It has messed up my whole schedule!!! Oh well. I'll get the hang of it. So, how's your reading been going? I hope I have helped you pick out some wonderful books! And this is just the beginning! Wait until there's a million posts! Then you'll be able to read all the books I recommend and never have to socialize to get new titles. I'm getting the weirdest feeling that you actually socialize for more than just books...Well, here's another book anyway. 

I recently finished a book called The Day of the Predator by Alex Scarrow of the TimeRiders series book 2 of 7(?) I think it might still be in the authing, so maybe there are more than 7 books in the series. You might want to read the first one first though( TimeRiders), that would make this one make a lot more sense. 

I'm going to summarize now!: Okay, I should probably say a little bit about the first book. The first book in the series was all about how three teenagers from different times were rescued by an old man seconds from death. Liam from the Titanic (always need a little Titanic in a time travel book ). Maddy from a plane crash in 2010. And Sal from a fire in 2026. then they had to go and correct time, along with there support unit Bob, from this dude who changed history because apparently he thought it would be better if Hitler won WWII. Oh, and then something else bad happens and New York turns into a mutant-infested radioactive wasteland. Oh yeah.

 So the second book is about how the inventor of time travel is the object of an assassination attempt, and when Liam and the new support unit, Becks, try to save him, there's an explosion. They and a group of students and teachers are thrown waaaay back in time allllll the way to dinosaur times. But here's the dramatic thing: There are these highly intelligent dinosaur things learning how to use spears and make fire and stuff...the resulting time wave = a jungle New York full of these dinosaur things that have replaced man. 

Reviewing time!!!!: This book was pretty okay. I mean, it had a great story line, it was interesting, it made sense, and was overall a fantastic read! But, I don't know, it's like you come to expect people getting killed and then it's not suspenseful anymore. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book!!! But maybe a little less being lured away to your death, and a little more living to fight another day would be a good thing. P.S. It's not too graphic so the squeamish need not be afraid. 

Words for the characters.

Becks: Thanks for downloading some humor files! They make you much more fun to be around than Bob! (But Bob is cool too.) 

Maddy: Bad words are not as cool as you'd like to think, try practicing not saying them. 

Sal: I like your hair, who did it? 

Liam: Don't worry, the white streak makes you look more distinguished. 

So yeah, that's pretty much it. Join me next time for a little aftermath-of-a-scavenger-hunt!!!!!!!!! See you then!!!! 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.           

No comments:

Post a Comment