Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Was Lying When I Said I Don't Read "Files" Books.

Bonjour on! Comment ça va? Je veux écrire en français aujourd'hui, mais tu ne comprends pas, n'est ce pas?   I'll finish this in English, the less Google Translate the better. Google is taking over the world you know. And I'm helping them, but I guess that's kind of okay because their products are really great! Sooo, yeah, that's my introductory paragraph. 

Okay, by the title you can logically conclude that this review is about a "files" book. It is called I am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies by Pittacus Lore, file to the I Am Number Four series, book one: I Am Number Four. Book two: The Power of Six. Book three: The Rise of Nine. I can't wait for the next one! We haven't met five yet, and his/her story is driving me insane because I don't know it!!! Oh my gosh I can't wait!!! I would shriek shrilly, but you wouldn't be able to hear me. 

Summaryish: Today I think it's okay to tell you the summary because it's a file, and thus is supposed to be a spoiler. Okay, it's divided into three parts, Six's Legacy, Nine's Legacy, and The Fallen Legacies. Six's legacy is about her nomadic past and her love/hate relationship with Katerina, her Cêpan. It also details on her months spent captive in a Mogadorian base, her developing her first and second legacies, and how she discovered where to find Four. Nine's Legacy talks about Nine and how he falls in love with a pretty girl, but it turns out she is a Mogadorian captive person and she turns him over for her parents. (Sorry spoiler!) And then it talks about Nine's captivity and the shocking death of his Cêpan. The last part is the best in my opinion! All three stories were written in the first person, and this one was from the perspective of a Mogadorian General's young son, and his connection with the three dead Garde, specifically One. (Mogadorian Mind Meld!!!! Ahhh!) 

Review:  There is no possibly way I could portray the epicness of this book and it's series through words! You'll just have to read it in order discover the captivating adventure story of the Garde! Pittacus, you are a genius. Pretty close to good old AF, but just a smidgen shy of a tie. I adore the humanizing of the Mogadorians through the third part, it really makes you sympathize...with the Garde, not the Mogadorians. Except Adamus, he's pretty awesome.

Words for the Characters.

Six: The Mogadorians may have isolated, tortured, tried to kill you, murdured your Cêpan and...I forgot where I was going with this. Carry on.

Nine: The way you actually enjoy battles is disturbing. Try not laughing so much during a fight and maybe people like Four will like you more. Not that you're not awesome, your sense of humor rocks!

Adamus: I don't blame you for not standing up to your daddy, he's pretty intimidating. But he wouldn't have killed whats-his-face, the scientist dude, if he didn't at least have a tidbit of affection towards you. Okay, he probably would have, but he definitely wouldn't have let you slept for three years! P.S. Quit checking out One, she's dead, that's gross. 

Okay. I'm done, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programme.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment