Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Don't Really Know What To Title This

Hey everyone!! It's Two For One Tuesday! Except it's Thursday, and you don't have to pay for this blog anyway. My most fanerific fans should know that I've already reviewed a book earlier today. But now I'm back for more because I finished another book! Have you ever tried to balance a pen on a ruler before? Very hard. (Don't ask--unless you cannot contain your curiosity.)

Sooo....I just finished a book called Operation Trinity by Clifford Riley. This book is part of "The Cahill Files" or one of the companion series in The 39 Clues. It's the first book and can be purchased...Here. Normally I don't read "files" books, but this one wasn't, like, "secrets of the series". It was more like the mashed potatoes to your steak. Or, more simply put, the applesauce in your kids' meal. 

Summaryish: This book was following a Van Eyke masterpiece as it is guarded (and almost sliced up) by the Cahills in an attempt to safeguard it against the evil Vespers. It starts out waaay back when with this dude named Matthias. Then a few hundred years go by and Grace Cahill is trying to save it from a Nazi stolen art cave thing. Then just a couple decades later we join Ian and Natalie Kabra on their first mission...I'm not going to tell you about that for fear of spoilers. But I did say this book was following the painting, so maybe you can guess what the mission was. Or maybe not because their mission has nothing to do with the painting...Woops better stop my summaryish here...

Review: I love this part!!! This book was pretty short: Only 142 pages, but that doesn't mean it wasn't absolutely splendid! I kind of rushed through the first two parts because I was excited about the Ian and Natalie story (The Lucians are my favorite branch of the family. P.S. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) so I didn't really get "the full effect" of the first two parts, but it was still pretty awesome. My favorite part was the grappling hook incident!

Words for the characters. 

Matthias: Chin up! The only reason your daddy is disappointed in you is because he has high expectations, and he only has high expectations because he loves you! 

Grace: Yeah, I don't have any advice. You are a great roll model because you get the job done. Can't add much to that. 

Ian: I think you would be a lot happier if you stopped listening to your mummy (In a respectful way) and start listening to your inner right and wrong meter-compass thingy. P.S. I love you and you sister's accents!!! 

Cue fanfare, I'm done for the day!!!!! See y'all later for my next installment of So You Think You Want To Read That? Estimation: 4-6 days away (609 pages of novel are in my future!) 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment