Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Blue Is Pretty Color, Don't You Think?

Howdy everybody! This is like, my 11th post! Can you believe that? It feels like just yesterday I was criticizing Shylock's need for flesh. Tear. This blog is growing up so fast. I just can't believe it! Well, actually I can, but still it's impressive.

So anyways, this morning I finished this awesome book during breakfast called Blue Noon by Scott Westerfeld book three of the Midnighters series, and I'm pretty sure this is the last one. It was only kind of set up for another, so there might be one, but most likely not. So instead of series, I should have said maybe-trilogy. 

Summaryish: Okay, this is the third in a maybe-trilogy, so this will be a skimpy summary to avoid spoilers. But hey, that's why it's called a summaryish. The first book was about Jessica moving to Bixby Oklahoma and discovering that she is one of five midnighters who parole a secret hour that is contained in a single moment of real-time. They all have special talents, Seer, Mindcaster, Acrobat, Polymath. (I like to think of myself as a Polymath ;)) But Jessica doesn't seem to fit in- she has no talent. And then a whole bunch of cat-like creatures who created the secret hour to escape hunting humans try to kill her. That much I can give away. The second book continues after she has discovered her talent and the creatures leave her alone for a while, until they get nervous and attack her again. That much I can give away too. But the third one is so full of secrets and surprises I don't know how much is safe! Let's just say that the secret hour is expanding on Halloween (Why is it always Halloween?) to a full day of blue time...This is bad because the creatures eat humans and everyone, not just the midnighters, will be sucked into the mysterious purple time. Yup!

Reviewish: Geez Louis, I stayed up past midnight for this...Well, I would have, but lights-out was called while I was epilogueing and I had to wait until breakfast to finish it!!! It's okay though, because in the 10 hours between lights-out and breakfast, all the flavours of this book combined on my tongue to make the last half of the epilogue better. It has something for everyone too! Car chases, math, mind-reading, everything. It was also interesting to see the changes in Rex after the incident of book 2!! Animal instincts in humans = awesome!!!! The ending really tied it all together, it all just fit . Hang on to your underwear when you're reading this one, it'll blow you away! 

Words for the characters:

Jessica: Wow. I would never be able to keep something from my sister that long. I'm coming to you with all my secrets from now on! If I ever have one. And if I somehow break into midnight, what with the rip fading and all. 

Rex: You are so interesting in this last book! Congratulations on controlling yourself! No offense, but I like you better in this book, I'm not sure why.

Melissa: I named the light-up doe in our yard after you! I also named the buck after Rex because you guys are all "together". P.S. If you try to stop listening in on peoples thoughts, they might like you better!

Dess: You're my favorite! (don't tell the others). Math is great, isn't it? I can play Pi on the piano, you know. I wish I could do math like you, but I'm stuck with a calculator. I named it Surreptitious. 

Jonathan: I hope I spelled your name right. I wish I had your talent, it sounds so fun! I've always wanted to fly!! Or at least reverse gravity! You remind me of this one person in a different book, Simon Bloom, maybe you know him? He's the Gravity Keeper. 

There you have it! My review and stuff! I'm not a very good blogger am I? What are you supposed to do on a book review blog anyway? If you have any suggestions for me, just comment them! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment