Friday, March 8, 2013

How Can Something As Wacky As This Actually Make Sense?

Wow. It's been like, 20 seconds since I pressed "publish" on the non-review before this one. Is that a world record? Maybe one day I'll get into the Guinness Book of World Records for Awesomest Book Review Blog In The World! Anyways, time to review!

So, 12 minutes ago I finished reading this book called The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams. It is the sequel to the famous Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy making it book two in that series! I'm really excited for the next one! I can't remember what it's called though. Oh well. I'll remember eventually. Oh! And I have a secret to tell you:  (The Amazon link is right here. Shhh...Don't tell anyone.)

Summaryish: Oi veh, am I in over my head or what? How can I possibly summarize the events of this book? WAIT! I got it. Still on the Heart of Gold spaceship, Arthur, Trillian, Ford, and Zaphod, are attached yet again by Vogons which starts a whole new adventure possibly even more improbable and slightly more insane then the last one. I mean, rulers of the Universe, the end of the Universe, cavemen, three-year baths, bodies divorcing their minds, and kitty cats eating fish inside of a shack in the middle of nowhere while rain pours in buckets outside and a highly confusing person does crossword puzzles. Yeah, I said kitty cats eating fish inside of a shack in the middle of nowhere while rain pours in buckets outside and a highly confusing person does crossword puzzles. 

Review: Oh, Mr. Adams, you amuse me in a way I cannot possibly explain. He's probably the only one in the whole world who can pull of such a wacky book and still have it all make sense, with an intriguing story line thrown in for good measure. I love how parts of this book can sound so boring, but make me laugh out loud all the same! I was metaphorically glued to the pages! It didn't even take me 24 hours to read because I was devouring it so quickly!

Words to the Characters:

 Actually...I can't think of anything to say to these wonderful people. I mean, what does one say to a lot like this other than wow? 

That's all for today! A James Dashner is coming up next, you don't want to miss that! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment