Monday, March 18, 2013

Another Momentous Occasion In All Of Blog History!

Hello world! Nice to see you. So, I was supposed to blog this yesterday, but I forgot. I think it's time to accept that I rarely ever blog on time, and you should not expect regularly posted posts. But there is good news! I'm blogging right now! Actually, I would say that is great news! So, let's get down to business.

So, I just finished this book called The Genius Wars by Catherine Jinks. And yes!! We must celebrate for a whole week straight because this is the first time I've reviewed an ENTIRE series on this blog!! That's right, I  started this series in this blog, and now I'm finishing it. Aww. That sentence made me think of Artemis Fowl...In fact, this whole post makes me think of him. It's the whole genius thing, I guess. Anyways, here is the link to my previous review, which has a link to the book before it. And this is the Amazon link.

Summaryish: Alrighty, so, this book has an awful lot going on in it...Where to begin? How about here: Cadel Greeniaus is enjoying a peaceful existence, with college, friends, and a sturdy last name. But, soon, his whole life is thrown yet again into turmoil when his friends and family are attacked. I'm talking hospitalization left and right, here. Anyways, he then goes on this big huge adventure type thingy to end his feud with Prosper English once and for all. And this is a REALLY big huge adventure type thingy spanning two continents, several hospitals, and lots of safe houses. Okay, that's it for summarizing.

Review: Wow. I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash while reading this. It's so fast! I love it! Yeah, the word choice could use a little work, and sure, some parts of the plot were confusing, but all in all, it was a fantastic read! Full of action and suspense, and even a little bit of internal battles, this book is sure to leave you wanting more. In a sad way, because you know you'll never get more because it's the end of the series. But, sadly. Cadel will never be as awesome as Artemis. I just had to get that in their somewhere. 

Words to the Characters:

Cadel: See, this is the perfect you. The first one was too bad, the second one, too good. But this one is like the baby bear's chair: Just right.

Prosper: Did someone forget to take their chill pills? 

Okay, that's it for now. I hope you're in the mood to shake some spears, because we've got a play coming up!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment