Sunday, March 17, 2013

Is It Just Me, Or Are Vikings Really Awesome?

I've been naughty. Not only have I not blogged in forever, but I also looked at Eoin Colfer's website. The boycott is going to be harder than ever now, because he's written another book. But onto more cheerful topics. Like hellos and books. Hello!! Books....

So, a while ago I finished this book called Divide and Conquer by Carrie Ryan. It is book two of the Inifinty Ring series, following the first book which is called A Mutiny in Time, but I read that BB so it has not been reviewed here. I'm not going to give the Amazon link today. I'm kidding, here it is. 

Summaryish: Alrighty, I'm going to give you a series overview, and then something about book one, and then something about book two so that you understand what this book is about! The series is about an eleven year old science genius named Sera, another eleven year old history buff named Dak who has an unnatural obsession with cheese, and a 16 year old linguist named Riq. They're time travelers. They are also part of this group called the Hystorians who go and fix Breaks in history caused by another group called the SQ who want to take over the world. Book one is about Christopher Columbus. You know, the one who sailed the ocean blue? And so people try to get all mutiny on him. The second book is about Vikings and Parisians and a big fight. 

Review: This book was okay, my attention wandered a lot when I was reading this and it's a wee bit repetitive. Well, not so much repetitive as predictable. But, there is a good side about it, it had time travel, which is one of my favourite topics. Plus, there were some parts that held my attention really well! So, on a scale of one to ten; five.

Words to the Characters:

Dak: Haha! Headcheese. 

Sera: Aren't you a little too young to fall in love?

Bill: ^^^Ditto.^^^

Okie dokie, that's all for right now, I'll be back later for something that'll be REALLY hard to summaryishize. 

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment