Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Two Posts Today, And Still Very Unexpected.

Hey there! Wow, second post today and I didn't even know it would happen! But, hey, when your as addicted to books as I am, you learn to accept that sometimes you're reading for longer than at first you thought. A brief summary of my thoughts: I'll read for half an hour and then play a game. A brief summary of what happened: Whoa, has it been 2 hours already? But the good news is, double blogging for today! Yay!

So, literally 12 minutes ago I finished reading this book called Skinned by Robin Wasserman. Confusing moment: it has a new title now. So, for all intents and purposes, it's called Frozen, the first of the Cold Awakening trilogy, which used to be called the Skinners Trilogy, but now isn't. Except at my library and maybe a few other places too.

Summaryish: Okie dokie, this book as all about a girl named Lia Kahn and how she died. Then came back to life...In a new body. A mechanical body. There are more people like her in Lia's futuristic society, they're called Skinners on account of something I can't rightly remember, but probably has something to do with skin if you ask me. Anyways, some stuff happens that kind of makes her miserable, then she finally makes a good friend who can see her beneath the circuitry, and some more stuff happens, and then she's leaving home. I won't tell you where she's going, that would give stuff away. But I will tell you that Scott Westerfeld thought it was "Spell-binding." 

Review: This book was mostly awesome, but there were some parts in it that I didn't like at all, so I skipped them. There were also a lot of bad words, which turned me off, but my internal censor took care of that. But all the other parts I really liked! It was 12:52 when I finally stopped reading the day I started it, or, more accurately, the day I finished it, since it was already 52 minutes into that day, which was today. I lost myself...give me a second here...Okay: Mostly like, partly didn't like, will be reading the rest of the series and more by the author, will not be sleeping much the nights I do. Okay, it's been simplified down to my level. 

Words to the Characters:

Lia: Okay, this is probably just because it was written in first person, but sheesh, self-centered much? 

Auden: You are so nice!!! P.S. Interesting name. 

Alright that's it. Hey, have you ever noticed that on average I only talk to two characters? Weird. Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment