Thursday, March 28, 2013

Yet Another Momentous Occasion In All Of Blog History. Well, This Blog At Least.

Hello world!!!! GUESS WHAT!? It's my fiftieth review! Yayayayay! This is so exciting. But also a little disappointing because I've been on this blog since, like, October, and I've only read fifty books. Anyways, sorry it's been so long. I totally forgot to blog yesterday. And the day before that. The bad news is, there will not be two posts today, because I've been re-reading for the past two days because I haven't had a chance to go to the library. Oh well. Anyways, here we go, book time!

I am just so psyched that my fiftieth review is a Ted Dekker! Not only that, but it's part of his famous Books of History Chronicles! Here's the confusing part I will try to explain: So far, it's three separate series: The Circle Series, The Lost Books, and the one I'm talking about today, The Paradise Novels. Another weird thing: You can enter the chronicles anywhere you want. In the Circle series, you can start anywhere as long as you go in a circle, in the Lost Books, there's an order, and in the Paradise Novels you can read in any order you want. All of these books tie into one another somewhere, but reading one before the other will not affect your enjoyment of the books. I personally read the Circle Series, starting with Black, ending with Green, then I went to The Lost Books and read all those in order, now I just finished Sinner which is technically the second book in the Paradise Novels, but that doesn't matter because you can read them anyway you want. But, it is recommended by Ted that when reading the Paradise Novels, start with Sinner, then choose whether you want to go to Showdown or Saint. There. Did that make any sense at all? Anyways, Amazon Link. Wow, I have a feeling this is going to be a loooong post. 

Summaryish: Okay, so this book is about what happens when Billy and Darcy, childhood friends who did some bad stuff in a monastery where they grew up, develop interesting powers. Billy: Mind reading. Darcy: Persuasion. Anyways, then some stuff happens and they meet up with another of their friends who also received an intriguing ability, Johnny. It's also the story of Kat, who recently saw the light, and the story of Mersuvees Black, a child's nightmare made real. That just about explains, and it wasn't hard to do either.

Review: I was so looking forward to this book, and I was not disappointed in the least! It was fast paced and actiony, plus it had a kind of science fictiony air to it, which I very much enjoyed. I have to say though, a lot of it was very political, which, although awesome, was a little bit boring. All in all, a fantastic read worth the gas money to the library. Or you could even save a dollar and bike to the library, which is also environmentally friendly. 

Words to the Characters:

Billy I see your dilemma, but I also wish I had your ability.

Darcy: Okay, I planned something to say to you when I was reading, but now I've forgotten it, so you're going to have to settle for congratulations. 

Someone who's name I will not give away for spoiler reasons: Wow, I did not see that coming. 

Alrighty, that's it for today. I don't know when I'll be back, so just check in regularly! Bye!

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx
Anonymous Book Reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment